Non-Iconics Adventure. Dungeon of the Fire Opal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz

First Post
“Eat this!”

Taz waits, until Kytess comes closer, then immediately moves to flank the wolf - if necessary - and stabs at him with her dagger, hopefully striking at a vulnerable body part.

<OOC> That's one weird wolfpack... ;) Very cool battle scenery! Good job, Heavy G! </OOC>

reapersaurus

First Post
OOC: It's really hard to picture where stuff is for me without a map, but I'll assume there's no particularly good spot to move to and fire an arrow. :(
He'll be looking to either get close enough to jump or grab the sorceress out of the air or line something up for an Overrun attack.

Any way he could throw someone up to grapple at the sorceress?
Does Ubaar recognize her as the witch we battled before?

Ubaar sniffs on the air to confirm what his eyes tell him - that that IS the witch somehow flying in the air, not a trick of the light.

He'll move closer, pulling back the incredibly tight string on his 'dinosaur-hunting bow' and will let fly with careful aim at the witch with one of his good arrows.

OOC: +4 to hit with the DEX penalty and with MW arrow

HeavyG

First Post
Hilltop ambush, round three

Sollir Furryfoot said:
Sollir takes a 5 ft. step back and fires with his crossb...MW Might Composite Shortbow +2 and 2 MW arrows at the flying witch.

Fast as lightning, Sollir steps back, spins around and fires two perfect shots at the flying witch. Both shots hit and both bounce off like Ivellios’ last shot.

At the same time, Murhid is in deep trouble. Hit by the sorceress’ magic missiles, and stabbed by the imp, the monk decides to back away. Seems like his plan to draw the witch’s attention worked.

He hustles back and away from the imp, jumping over and then taking cover behind a large stone. He also managed to recover a potion bottle from his belt in that time.

CRGreathouse said:
Kytess moves to flank the wolf - if she can't protect Taz from the wolf, she'll kill it. If this requires tumble checks/AoO, so be it.

(She closes to 5 feet to the wolf to prevent a retreat and attacks the wolf once more - Power Attack for 1.)

Kytess circles a bit and moves in right behind the wolf. Then, she attacks. However, she puts a bit more strength in her blow than was necessary, and misses the wolf by an inch. (You literally missed by one. Too bad.)

Taz said:
“Eat this!”

Taz waits, until Kytess comes closer, then immediately moves to flank the wolf - if necessary - and stabs at him with her dagger, hopefully striking at a vulnerable body part.

<OOC> That's one weird wolfpack... ;) Very cool battle scenery! Good job, Heavy G! </OOC>

The wolf is not as distracted by Kytess’ presence as it could be. As Taz lunges with her dagger, a stone underfoot shifts, which makes her loose her balance. She recovers but the wolf easily sidesteps and gets ready to attack her once more.

Ivellios lets loose another arrow. Another hit. This time, the arrow penetrates, but barely, before plummeting down to the debris-strewn earth.

reapersaurus said:
He'll move closer, pulling back the incredibly tight string on his 'dinosaur-hunting bow' and will let fly with careful aim at the witch with one of his good arrows.

OOC: +4 to hit with the DEX penalty and with MW arrow

Ubaar’s large arrow goes wide and misses the sorceress.

Then, Jalon gets between the big rat and the halflings. Holding his sword in both hands, he swings. The rat is slow to move and the priest cuts it in two. Immediately after the blow, the rat's body disappears.

Meanwhile, the witch curses at losing sight of the monk. She turns her sight once more to the battle. She points her wand at Ivellios and the elf receives a pair of those (unoriginal) purple missiles. He’s battered from the impact and weak, but still in fighting condition.

While the imp turns invisible, the wolf lunges at Taz. It misses by a mile.

[Edit]
Oops. Forgot about the wrapup. Here's the standings :

Ivellios is still in a central position, badly wounded and eyeing a large stone block for cover.

Ubaar is to his right, bow drawn.

To Iv's left, a wolf is flanked by Kytess and Taz. Right besides Taz, Jalon just finished the dire rat. And Sollir is to their backs, shooting at the witch.

Murhid is 35' in front of Ivellios, hunkedred down behind a large chipped stone block.

[/edit]

And the status of the party :

(S) Sollir Furryfoot : Hp(15/15)
(M) Murhid : Hp (6/15) Poisoned ?
(T) Taz : Hp (11/13),
Sheela : Hp (6/6),
(I) Ivellios Nailo : Hp (4/23)
(U) Ubaar : Hp (16/21), Endure fire (12 hours), 2 points of dexterity damage
(K) Kytess : Hp (15/20) Endure fire (12 hours)
(J) Jalon Odessa : Hp (12/17) Endure fire (12 hours)

Last edited:

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
OOC: It's really hard to picture where stuff is for me without a map, but I'll assume there's no particularly good spot to move to and fire an arrow. :(
OOC:
OOC:

Of course, it depends on what you mean by good spot. Are you talking about cover, range, some other thing ?

Within reason, you can use your imagination. It's some large ruins, if you want cover, there's plenty of it. You're already close range.

reapersaurus said:
He'll be looking to either get close enough to jump or grab the sorceress out of the air or line something up for an Overrun attack.

Well, she is 30' in the air. The highest standing stone wall is maybe 10' tall and not necessarily near her, so it would take some magic to jump that high.

By overrun, I assume you mean against an earthbound opponent ? Overrunning the wolf or rat would have been hard since they're pretty much surrounded by party members. Anyway, if you want to look for overrunning opportunities, or look for cover, or whatnot, just say it in your post like you did just now and I'll determine if there's an opportunity or not.

Mainly, what I'm saying is, and this goes for everyone, use your imagination. As long as it's possible that there is something you want on the battlefield (loose rocks for throwing, large stones for cover, small trees, old planks, whatever), just invent it in your post. Just don't abuse it by adding improbable things to the scenery. Abuse makes me mad. You won't like me when I'm mad. :D

reapersaurus said:
Any way he could throw someone up to grapple at the sorceress?

Someone ? 30' in the air ? I don't think so. Anybody has rules for this ?

reapersaurus said:
Does Ubaar recognize her as the witch we battled before?

Oh, definitely. Sorry I didn't make that clear. My bad.

reapersaurus said:
Ubaar sniffs on the air to confirm what his eyes tell him - that that IS the witch somehow flying in the air, not a trick of the light.

Unfortunately, you are (what ? upwind ? downwind ? I always confuse them. The one where the wind blows from you to her.) Anyway, you don't smell her from that distance.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Kytess continues to swing violently at the wolf, trying to draw its attention from the halfling.

(+7 attack + 2 flank -1 Power Attack = +8; 2d4+3 damage + 1 Power Attack = 2d4+4)

Glancing around quickly, she sees how badly Ivellios is hurt. For a fraction of a second, images flood her memories: pallid, cold, gaping faces; Kytess' fellow soldiers. She shudders involuntarity, refusing to see the connection. Shutting out the memory completely, she concentrates all the harder on her chain work, knowing the price of failure all too well.

Sollir fires 2 MW arrows at the Witches' wand... (5 ft. step back if I need to, otherwise 5 ft. step forward-if it would not provoke an AoO-towards the party)

reapersaurus

First Post
Ubaar sees that the witch was hurt somewhat by Ivellios' last arrow and pulls back again on the massively-taut bow, aiming right for the witch's dark heart.

Last edited:

Taz

First Post
Taz backs away 10' from the black wolf, tumbling to avoid an AoO. She then casts a Shield spell on herself and Sheela, facing towards the wolf and the witch.

Last edited:

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Feeling that he has fulfilled his duty to protect the halflings, Jalon turns his attention to the rest of the battlefield. Noting Ivellios' injuries, Jalon hastily springs towards the elf, whipping a small, silver rod from belt and gently pressing it to Ivellios' shoulder, whilst chanting a hymn to Tyr.

[OOC: Can Jalon draw his wand of Cure Light Wounds as part of his move, considering he has a BAB of +1? If not, then forget about the wand and he'll forgoe his memorised Inflict Light wounds to cast CLW on Ivellios.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads