Non-Iconics Adventure. Dungeon of the Fire Opal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz

First Post
Taz moves 20' towards the witch, as close as possible, but with free line of sight, tumbling if necessary, then casts a color spray spell at her! The shield spell is facing towards the wizardress and as much to the side, Kytess is not covering, as possible.

Sollir will use a full round move action to move as close as he can to the witch, and if he can in firing range without any obstructions.

"I'm coming guys, I'm coming!"

Edit-When Sollir gets over there, if he can see the witch he'll try to distract her into hitting him going:

"Hey you ugly lady! That is if you are a lady! Yes I'm talking to you! Why don't you pick someone your own size! Come on, I bet you're just a coward!!!"

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
OOC: This is scary, but I gotta do it.

Ubaar sees his adventuring brethren chasing after the witch, also.
He sees that they will probably overtake the witch this round, as can he, so he yells over to them, "Guys! Let's take this witch OUT!
Kytess- you soften her up, and Ubaar'll come around to wrap her up!

We can't afford to let her get away again!"

Ubaar sees and hears the chain-wielding mistress of pain (try to) get a nasty shot in before he drops his bow, rounds the corner and tries to grapple with the witch.

"Let's get physical, "demon"!", Ubaar finishes while advancing to the witch with fists clutching...

OOC: Too close for missles, switching to guns
:D

Last edited:

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Realising that mortal weapons are useless against the imps, Jalon runs his mailed hand over the blade of his sword, which soon begins to emit a cool, green glow.

'Release the monk, fiend, and prepare to face your judgement.'

[OOC:Jalon uses his Magic Weapon domain spell, before walking towards the imp/Murhid - and hoping Murhid can hold on for another round]

Murhid

First Post
Face filled with grime and body bloodied Murhid tumbles too and fro, with imp. He sends a fist towards the imps head, trying to smash it clear of the tussle, and into Jalon's mighty sword.

Doppleganger

First Post
The elf hops out from behind the block of stone and jogs across the rubble field, heading straight for where the witch dropped out of sight. He pauses at the base of the wall to sling his bow back over one shoulder before scuttling up the partially ruined barrier. Once at the top of the wall, he scans the scene on the other side.

"What's happening!?"

HeavyG

First Post
Hillside ambush, round 6

Sollir Furryfoot said:
Sollir will use a full round move action to move as close as he can to the witch, and if he can in firing range without any obstructions.

"I'm coming guys, I'm coming!"

Sollir runs up behind Taz. He’s still not in line of sight with the witch, tho he’s near.

Murhid said:
Face filled with grime and body bloodied Murhid tumbles too and fro, with imp. He sends a fist towards the imps head, trying to smash it clear of the tussle, and into Jalon's mighty sword.

With a mighty blow, Murhid punches the imp. The blow itself doesn’t harm the demon much, but it does send it flying in Jalon’s direction.

reapersaurus said:
Ubaar sees his adventuring brethren chasing after the witch, also.
He sees that they will probably overtake the witch this round, as can he, so he yells over to them, "Guys! Let's take this witch OUT!
Kytess- you soften her up, and Ubaar'll come around to wrap her up!

We can't afford to let her get away again!"

CRGreathouse said:
Kytess closes on the witch's position, swinging her chain.

(Close to 5 feet, attack w/o Power Attack)

Closing with the sorceress, Kytess sends her weapon forward. The witch is barely touching the ground when she receives a very good blow, which slashes her chest, and her right arm as she raises it to defend herself. She wails in pain.

Taz said:
Taz moves 20' towards the witch, as close as possible, but with free line of sight, tumbling if necessary, then casts a color spray spell at her! The shield spell is facing towards the wizardress and as much to the side, Kytess is not covering, as possible.

Bypassing Kytess, Taz leaps forward and spins while throwing a handful of colored sand at the witch, while chanting arcane words. The colors hit the witch full-on, but she turns her head at the last moment and seems to shrug off the spell. (Wow. I can’t believe that spell finally failed.)

Doppleganger said:
The elf hops out from behind the block of stone and jogs across the rubble field, heading straight for where the witch dropped out of sight. He pauses at the base of the wall to sling his bow back over one shoulder before scuttling up the partially ruined barrier. Once at the top of the wall, he scans the scene on the other side.

"What's happening!?"

reapersaurus said:
Ubaar sees and hears the chain-wielding mistress of pain (try to) get a nasty shot in before he drops his bow, rounds the corner and tries to grapple with the witch.

"Let's get physical, "demon"!", Ubaar finishes while advancing to the witch with fists clutching...

Ubaar comes running around the wall on the other side of the witch from Kytess, intent on wrestling her. When he draws near, however, she whips around and slashes him on the cheek with her small claws (which I’m sure I’ve mentioned before). She also gets mostly out of the way, so Ubaar fails to grab her. He does impact her, however, with his powerful shoulder (w/ spikes). The witch wails again in pain, and is sent to the ground by the impact.

Jalon Odessa said:
Realising that mortal weapons are useless against the imps, Jalon runs his mailed hand over the blade of his sword, which soon begins to emit a cool, green glow.

'Release the monk, fiend, and prepare to face your judgement.'

[OOC:Jalon uses his Magic Weapon domain spell, before walking towards the imp/Murhid - and hoping Murhid can hold on for another round]

The imp recovers from Murhid’s blow. It gets up from it’s behind and takes off, right in front of Jalon. It tries to sting him with it’s tail but fails miserably. It then looks around for an escape route. It’s gonna take off, turn invisible. It’s now or never…

Then, the witch, from her position on her knees on the ground, looks up. Her pale gray skin is bleeding in a couple of places and she seems very weak. Her yellow feline eyes fall on Ubaar, Kytess and Taz surrounding her, and all hope leaves them. She drops her wand to the ground and lowers her head, waiting for the death blow. She says something is a guttural language, but nobody understands it.

Then, you see she’s clutching a medallion.

And the status of the party :

(S) Sollir Furryfoot : Hp(15/15)
(M) Murhid : Hp (6/15) 4 points of dexterity damage. Poisoned. Has drunk his healing potion while out of sight.
(T) Taz : Hp (11/13),
Sheela : Hp (6/6),
(I) Ivellios Nailo : Hp (9/23)
(U) Ubaar : Hp (3/25), Enraged (7 rounds), Endure fire (12 hours), 2 points of dexterity damage, 2 points of subdual damage
(K) Kytess : Hp (15/20) Endure fire (12 hours)
(J) Jalon Odessa : Hp (12/17) Endure fire (12 hours), Magic Weapon (20 rounds)

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Re: Hillside ambush, round 6

Kytess prepares to attack...

(Close to 5' of witch [and imp, if possible]; ready an attack against the first hostile action by imp or witch.)

reapersaurus

First Post
Ubaar grabs the suddenly-passive witch in a fury by the wrists and lifts her up into the air!

He shakes her hands to try and loose the medallion from her grip, and yells, "Who sent you?!
What were you doing down in that dungeon?!"

He makes sure not to crush her, he's making sure to immobilize her.

"Hey, guys - maybe she knows where the big opal is?
Can we make her show us?"

OOC: I'm sure that in his emotional state, he'd be doing an Intimidate attampt

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Re: Hillside ambush, round 6

HeavyG said:
With a mighty blow, Murhid punches the imp. The blow itself doesn’t harm the demon much, but it does send it flying in Jalon’s direction.

After stalking another step forward, Jalon pounces on the confused imp. Recognising the fiend's confused efforts to escape, Jalon Lashes out at the imp with a powerful stroke of his blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads