North Carolina Game Day -- THE AWESOME AFTERMATH!!!!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Anybody heard from Mulkhoran in the last few days? I've been trying to get up with him via e-mail with no success.

Quasqueton

First Post
Gladiatorial Game Rules

Now that we are so close to the Game Day, here are the rules for the Gladiatorial games.

Players can use any and all of the 3 core rulebooks (noting official errata). This is firm and not negotiable, regardless of how cool a certain feat/spell/ability is from X supplement. This is supposed to be simple and fun and short.

Maximum challenge rating (CR) = 9 [Yes, I mean CR, not ECL]

One exclusion: no dragons. It is well known that dragon CRs are skewed.

That means you can play a 9th-level paladin elf; a 9th-level sorcerer halfling; a 5th/4th-level ranger/rogue human; a 6th/3rd-level fighter/dwarven defender dwarf; a 5th-level barbarian minotaur; a stock bebilith; etc.

If you choose a standard (PHB) race, you get 28 points for buying ability scores.

If you choose a 'monster' character, you must start with the standard stats as listed in the Monster Manual. You can add class levels on top of the standard stats to bring it up to CR 9 (1 class level = +1 CR). But no reverse engineering. I just won't have time to double check everyone's calculations -- much easier to just check the MM stat block for accuracy.

Starting money = 36,000 gp

The arena is the size of a standard battle mat: 125'x110'. There will be some minor obsatcles to break up the open terrain. All of the arena is made of solid stone. Off the map in any of the 4 compass directions is out of bounds. Beneath the floor more than 20' is out of bounds. Higher than 40' in the air is out of bounds. Opponents will start the match at set points about 20' in from the opposite ends of the mat. Opponents have no spells or effects active before the start of the match. Buffs must be cast in the arena. No combatant will be flatfooted.

As game DM and referee and judge, I must see and approve any and all gladiator character sheets before the fight. If you have special combos or 'secret weapons' that you want to spring on your opponents, that's fine (and fun), but run the ideas by me first to make sure it is all rule legal. Surprising your opponent is great, ambushing the DM with a twisted rules abuse is not.

Fights will be to the death, or till one opponent cannot act. There may be some situations where the judge has to make a call for the winner.

You can fight as many times as you want, but no more than 3 times against the same opponent. The overall Gladiatorial Game Winner will be determined by best win:loss ratio against at least each entrant once.

Questions? Suggestions?

Quasqueton

Henry

Autoexreginated
NOTE:

In Mulkhoran's absence, I have edited in the players who have requested a game slot in the past week.

Graf_Ulrich, since Mulkhoran has 4 slots full, and there are 5 people signed up, I didn't sign you up at that game, I apologize, but did put you down as attending.

If I have missed anyone, please let me know at henrythelesser@yahoo.com.

Jeph

Explorer
Quasqueton, quesquetion about Templates. If I wanted to play, say, a Vampiric Dwarven Fighter7, would I use 28 point buy and then apply the template mods, or assume a 10 in all stats and apply the template mods?

Jeph

Explorer
Oh, and Henry, one more thing: since I'm not doing anything during the morning slot, and you've got a position free, I guess I'll just have to play in your d20Modern game, to stave off the terrible effects of boredome. :D

drowdude

First Post
Rel said:
Anybody heard from Mulkhoran in the last few days? I've been trying to get up with him via e-mail with no success.

Henry said:
Very concerning - His last post was on March 6th... I hope everything's all right...

I gamed with his punk @$$ on Friday ;)

Everything is kewl. He should be back on the boards tommorrow.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
drowdude said:

I gamed with his punk @$$ on Friday ;)

Everything is kewl. He should be back on the boards tommorrow.

That is a tremendous relief. With all the work he's put into organizing things, I had no fears that he was just blowing us off. I was afraid that he may have had some sort of personal crisis though.

Ruined

Explorer
Hello all. Here's a little more information on the Ravenloft game I'm running.

'A Brief Respite' - 4 Players, Pre-Generated Characters.

I'm looking forward to seeing you people on Saturday. :D

Quasqueton

First Post
If I wanted to play, say, a Vampiric Dwarven Fighter7, would I use 28 point buy and then apply the template mods, or assume a 10 in all stats and apply the template mods?
Good "quesquetion" :)

Hmm. Hmm, again. Hmmmmmm.

OK, go with 11, 11, 11, 10, 10, 10 and add the template modifiers.

Quasqueton

Remove ads