Nosferatu and Wlekin template

eduar

First Post
great idea, my main inspiration especially for the Welkin was Alucard from Hellsing, that's why the abilities related to souls

divine abilities: adjuration, poisonous effect, create spawn, self mastery, vampiric effect

cosmic: lord of vermin, swarm shape

Good luck with the Red Widow/er.

I have numerous epic vampires that will fit the mould (should I ever get around to detailing them).

One thing that struck me though is that you are basically detailing something more powerful than a greater god (?) thats held at bay by a line of salt...hmmm. Not so sure about that, as I see it vampires in other media eventually get to outstrip their holy weakness (classically Mr Barlowe grabbing the cross in the original Salem's Lot) through age/power. It doesn't seem to fit that such a trivial weakness would hamper this monster.

I see it having 'wings' made from spiders-legs growing from its back (sounds something like a tyrannid that idea I suppose). These could impale targets (sucking their blood) or shoot out razor sharp poisonous webbing.

...or maybe a bit like Zarak from the old SNES game Weaponlord:

Weaponlord Genesis

Mr.Satan

First Post
The salt weakness is actually tied in with it's link to spiderkind and is intended to be deliberately frustrating to the vampire. After all, it has all this power and is nigh unkillable...but...salt is for some spiritual reason anathema to it.

Real world spiders hate salt. In the case of this vampire, salt is the only thing that can kill it, harm it, or hold it at bay. Weapons made from salt are lethal to it and salt is the only thing that can overcome it's Transmortality ability.

Of course it would do everything in it's power to keep this a secret and would would put it prodigious powers to good use killing anyone that figures out it's vulnerability.

I'm considering giving it ties to fate and giving it the Fortuity and the Inner Eye abilities, as well as Pre- and Postcognition. I like the idea of it having spider legs growing out of it's back that it can use to impale people and drain their blood and shoot out razor sharp poisonous webbing.

It will likely have an exoskeleton of sorts too.

Mr.Satan

First Post
Can traps be broken? If so the +33 would apply to break DCs to break said traps. I'm unfamiliar with traps in general, but this is what I have so far.

- Sharp Silk (Ex): A red widow/er's silk is sharp and enables it's webs to inflict slashing damage commensurate with a claw attack of 3 size categories larger than it's victim's size category (further modified by the red widow/er's size and virtual size categories) +33 (see it's Fortuity special quality) if it's victim struggles against them.
Furthermore, traps created using a red widow/er's silk inflict slashing damage equal to the red widow/er's claw attack damage +33 (see it's Fortuity special quality), gain a sharpness effect, and gain a +33 (see it's Fortuity special quality) bonus to their Disable Device skill check, Search Skill check, and Reflex save DCs.

Last edited:

Remove ads