Nosferatu and Wlekin template

eduar said:

Howdy eduar dude! :)

i watched hellsing and hellsing ultimate

That was quick! :eek:

Alucard is considered a welkin?

I wouldn't necessarily go that far. But certainly it seems as though he very difficult to kill. Even decapitated and he still oozed back together.

but how rate the ECL for new abilities?

because new abilities can be good for a setting but for others is just broken

If you are ever in doubt post the idea here and myself or someone else will try and help to guesstimate the ECL.

Belzamus said:
Cool, thanks for the info. :)

Happy to help amigo! :)

I'll probably be getting the PDF version,

I have no preference since I get the same royalties from either. :p

since 1.) my hard copy of the Bestiary fell apart from overuse :p and

You know my Epic Bestiary fell apart too. That said they gave me multiple copies. ;)

But I don't think the binding was that great. In fairness I think it was one of Mongoose's first print books (since they started printing their own books). Apparently the RPGNow Print On demand books are softcover perfect bound (I think). However, I haven't seen a practical copy yet. Maybe someone else has?

2.) I don't have to climb out of bed to check on entry in a pdf. :p

So you can take a computer to bed but not a book...? How does that work?

Can't wait, though.

Sadly you will, though hopefully only a few weeks. I should have the text almost done by the weekend - I thought I'd have it all done by now, but I'm sorta almost there. :blush:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I haven't seen the quality of them yet. Has anyone ordered a print on demand book from RPGNow over the past 6 months? Alzrius?

Sorry U_K, I'm of no help here. It's very rare these days that I pick up an RPG book in print (notwithstanding my Pathfinder subscription) - most of what I get is purely in PDF form now. I've never used the RPGNow POD service.

By the way, did you get my email before? Your private message box was full.

Hey Alzrius matey! :)

Alzrius said:
Sorry U_K, I'm of no help here. It's very rare these days that I pick up an RPG book in print (notwithstanding my Pathfinder subscription) - most of what I get is purely in PDF form now. I've never used the RPGNow POD service.

Well I suppose I'll find out the quality in about 4-5 weeks. ;)

By the way, did you get my email before? Your private message box was full.

Yes I did, thanks very much mate. I need to go down to Meta and see if I can get it sorted. just been really busy.

eduar

First Post
OK folks this is the lasted version

I hope you enjoy it and make recommendations to improve

CREATING A NOSFERATU
“Nosferatu” is a template that can be added to any 30 level/HD character has been a vampire for centuries, overlapping with those previous templates rather than adding to them.

Hit Dice: d20s for Hit Dice and has maximum hit points per die.
Speed: All movement speeds tripled and you gain flight speed perfect
Armor Class: gains a deflection bonus equal to its Charisma modifier and the natural armor bonus improve by +30.
Attack: slam attack.
Damage: see the universal damage table.
Special Attacks:
• Blood Drain (Ex, Su): same as vampire but 1d4 for every 30 HD. Instead of a grapple attack you can make a ranged touch attack to drain blood, the range is 400 ft. + 40 ft. /hit die, use this ability in this way is a supernatural effect.
• Children of the Night (Su): Nosferatu command vampires.
• Dominate (Su): same as vampire but like Dominate Monster spell.
• Create Spawn (Su): same as vampire except that if the creature has 30 or more HD gain the Nosferatu template instead.
• Energy Drain (Su): same as vampire but you deal a negative level for every 6 HD.
• Telekinesis (Su): as the spell as caster level equal to totals HD (without maximum level).
Special Qualities:
• Damage Reduction (Ex): 20/holy silver and epic.
• Resistances (Ex): cold and electricity 50.
• Fast Healing (Ex): same as vampire but 25.
• Alternate Form (Su): as the polymorph spell, caster level equal to totals HD (without maximum level)
• Gaseous Form (Su): same as vampire but flight speed equal to yours and caster level equals to totals HD.
• See through blood (Su): you see all the memories of the ones you kill with the ability of energy drain or blood drain.
• Spider Climb (Ex): same as vampire.
• Turn Resistance (Ex): turn resistance +20.
• Undead Traits:
Saves: Same as the base creature.
Abilities: Str +30, Dex +20, Int +10, Wis +10, Cha +20
Skills: +20 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive and Spot checks and Maven.
Feats: Alertness, Combat reflexes, Dodge, Improved initiative and Lightning reflexes.
Epic Feats: Sixth sense, Improved combat reflexes, Improved dodge, Superior initiative, Epic reflexes.
Environment:
Organization:
Challenge Rating: Same as base creature 20.
Treasure: Double standard.
Alignment: Any evil.
Advancement: By character class.
Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +30.
Weaknesses: you only have the slaying vampire weakness.

CREATING A WELKIN
“Welkin” is a template that can be added to any 120 level/HD character has been a nosferatu for millennial, overlapping with those previous templates rather than adding to them.

Hit Dice: d100s for Hit Dice and has maximum hit points per die.
Speed: fly same speed, for 10 for all movement types.
Armor Class: gains a deflection bonus equal to its Charisma modifier and the natural armor bonus improve by +150.
Special Attacks:
• Blood Drain (Ex): same as Nosferatu but now your range is an area centered in you with no save that affect all the living creatures in the area.
• Children of the Night (Su): command Nosferatu and Vampires.
• Dominate (Su): same as Nosferatu but ignore immunities to mind affecting effects.
• Create Spawn (Su): same as Nosferatu except that if the creature has 120 or more HD gain the welkin template instead.
• Energy Drain (Su): same as Nosferatu but affect all and every of your natural attacks.
• Detect Thoughts (Su): as the spell caster level equal to totals HD.
• Telekinesis (Su): as the spell as caster level equal to totals HD (without maximum level).
• Solid Fog (Su): as the spell caster level equal to totals HD.
•Devour Soul (Su): imprison the souls of the ones you kill with the ability of energy drain or blood drain.
Special Qualities:
You gain Seventh sense, Uncanny dodge, Perfect Initiative and Improved Evasion.
• Damage Reduction (Ex): 120/-.
• Resistances (Ex): cold and electricity 250.
• Fast Healing (Ex): same as Nosferatu but 125, see Life for Blood ability.
• Alternate Form (Su): as shapechange spell caster level equal to totals HD (without maximum level or size).
• Gaseous Form (Su): same as Nosferatu.
• See through blood (Su): same as Nosferatu and you gain the anyfeat ability.
•Life for Blood (Su): when you reach 0 hit points sacrifice a soul imprisoned to remain a 1 hit point.
• Turn Resistance (Ex): turn resistance +100.
• Undead Traits:
Abilities: Str +150, Dex +100, Int +50, Wis +50, Cha +100
Skills: +100 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive and Spot checks and Maven and Omnicompetent.
Feats: Alertness, Combat reflexes, Dodge, Improved initiative and Lightning reflexes.
Epic Feats: Sixth sense, Improved combat reflexes, Improved dodge, Superior initiative, Epic reflexes, Good Reflexes and Superior Dodge.
Environment:
Organization:
Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +80.
Treasure: Quadruple standard.
Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +120.
Weaknesses: no weaknesses.

Mr.Satan

First Post
Very nice work.

Suggestions:
Some sort of weather control?
Perhaps a method of returning from being slain (via ashes, curse, or bloodline legacy)?
Some sort of tie to vermin? Spiders in particular?
An ability to create lesser forms of undead via spell-like abilities?
Perhaps some unholy spell-like abilities related to blood, death, and evil?
Immunity or resistance to running water and/or sunlight?
A rage ability? One that makes you bigger and uglier?
Some sort of tie to dragons of some sort?
Some sort of ability to animate objects or statuary permanently and give it sentience (similar to awaken spells).

eduar

First Post
wow that is too much I'm not sure if the CR is correct but if is possible to add something else without augmenting it I'm OK with that

perhaps as variants like the fast zombie when you change one ability instead of another one, like the weather control instead of solid fog, the returning method instead of life for blood

or maybe something more custom type like the ghost where you gain a number of abilities and you need to pick only a few

I like the idea of weather control instead of Solid fog I think is better, the reanimation after death is another good one maybe as part of the Fast Healing

the rage ability sounds like a variant for me in what you enter in frenzy for blood or you get mad for something

and the immunity or resistance to running water and sun is until you become a Welkin when you have no weaknesses

thanks for the help

Last edited:

eduar

First Post
well I just remembered that the CR presented in IH Bestiary is too high for the monsters, so, this is it

CREATING A NOSFERATU
“Nosferatu” is a template that can be added to any 30 level/HD character has been a vampire for centuries, overlapping with those previous templates rather than adding to them.
Hit Dice: d20s for Hit Dice and has maximum hit points per die.
Speed: All movement speeds tripled and you gain flight speed perfect
Armor Class: gains a deflection bonus equal to its Charisma modifier and the natural armor bonus improve by +30.
Special Attacks:
• Blood Drain (Ex, Su): same as vampire but 1d4 for every 30 HD. Instead of a grapple attack you can make a ranged touch attack to drain blood, the range is 400 ft. + 40 ft. /hit die, use this ability in this way is a supernatural effect.
• Children of the Night (Su): Nosferatu command vampires.
• Dominate (Su): same as vampire but like Dominate Monster spell.
• Create Spawn (Su): same as vampire except that if the creature has 30 or more HD gain the Nosferatu template instead.
• Energy Drain (Su): same as vampire but you deal a negative level for every 6 HD.
Special Qualities:
• Damage Reduction (Ex): 20/holy silver and epic.
• Resistances (Ex): cold and electricity 50.
• Fast Healing (Ex): same as vampire but 25, see Back from Ashes ability.
• Alternate Form (Su): as the polymorph spell, caster level equal to totals HD (without maximum level)
• Gaseous Form (Su): same as vampire but flight speed equal to yours and caster level equals to totals HD.
• See through blood (Su): you see all the memories of the ones you kill with the ability of energy drain or blood drain.
• Back from Ashes (Su): when you die you turn to ashes, you need get in contact with enough blood, the equivalent of a body of your size, to regenerate your body after one minute you gain 1 hit point.
• Turn Resistance (Ex): turn resistance +20.
• Undead Traits:
Abilities: Str +30, Dex +20, Int +10, Wis +10, Cha +20
Skills: +20 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive and Spot checks and Maven.
Epic Feats: Sixth sense, Improved combat reflexes, Improved dodge, Superior initiative, Epic reflexes.
Environment:
Organization:
Challenge Rating: Same as base creature 20.
Treasure: Double standard.
Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +30.
Weaknesses: you only have the slaying vampire weakness.

CREATING A WELKIN
“Welkin” is a template that can be added to any 120 level/HD character has been a nosferatu for millennial, overlapping with those previous templates rather than adding to them.
Hit Dice: d100s for Hit Dice and has maximum hit points per die.
Speed: fly same speed, for 10 for all movement types.
Armor Class: gains a deflection bonus equal to its Charisma modifier and the natural armor bonus improve by +150.
Special Attacks:
• Blood Drain (Ex): same as Nosferatu but now your range is an area centered in you with no save that affect all the living creatures in the area.
• Children of the Night (Su): command Nosferatu and Vampires.
• Dominate (Su): same as Nosferatu but ignore immunities to mind affecting effects.
• Create Spawn (Su): same as Nosferatu except that if the creature has 120 or more HD gain the welkin template instead.
• Energy Drain (Su): same as Nosferatu but affect all and every of your natural attacks.
• Detect Thoughts (Su): as the spell caster level equal to totals HD.
• Control Weather (Su): as the spell caster level equal to totals HD.
• Devour Soul (Su): imprison the souls of the ones you kill with the ability of energy drain or blood drain.
• Army of Death (Su): you can sacrifice souls to create undead, the undead is the equivalent of cast an epic spell of Animate Dead seed with a DC equals to your Spellcraft + 20, you don’t need a corpse the sacrifice soul replace that.
Special Qualities:
You gain Seventh sense, Uncanny dodge, Perfect Initiative and Improved Evasion.
• Damage Reduction (Ex): 120/-.
• Resistances (Ex): cold and electricity 250.
• Fast Healing (Ex): same as Nosferatu but 125, see Life for Blood ability.
• Alternate Form (Su): as shapechange spell caster level equal to totals HD (without maximum level or size).
• Gaseous Form (Su): same as Nosferatu.
• See through blood (Su): same as Nosferatu and you gain the anyfeat ability.
• Life for Blood (Su): when you reach 0 hit points sacrifice a soul imprisoned to remain a 1 hit point.
• Turn Resistance (Ex): turn resistance +100.
• Undead Traits:
Abilities: Str +150, Dex +100, Int +50, Wis +50, Cha +100
Skills: +100 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive and Spot checks and Maven and Omnicompetent.
Epic Feats: Sixth sense, Improved combat reflexes, Improved dodge, Superior initiative, Epic reflexes, Good Reflexes and Superior Dodge.
Environment:
Organization:
Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +80.
Treasure: Quadruple standard.
Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +120.
Weaknesses: no weaknesses.

Mr.Satan

First Post
I'm going to create a spider themed cosmic vampire template as well. I'll probably call it the Red Widow/er.

Essentially a kind of progenitor vampire that hails from the Abyss, can control and summon demons, spiders and spider creatures, and undead; transform into a black hunting/webspinning spider (no markings; I'll have to create the base spider) that has poisonous blood, a poisonous bite, and poisonous silk that it can use to create webs or even traps of various sorts.

It's silk strands will also be razor sharp and able to inflict slashing damage upon those that struggle in them. Individual silk strands will be also able to replicate a sharpness effect if used to create a trap.

This vampire type will also retain it's venom and webspinning capabilities while in human form and instead of turning to mist, it will turn into thousands of fine-size black webspinning spiders that scurry away to reproduce and restore the vampire. (similar to a worm that walks ability). It will also be subterranean and have the ability to assume drider form.

It will also have a number of spell-like and supernatural abilities related to blood, death, demons, enchantment, evil, illusion, spiders, and undead as well as no standard vampire-related weaknesses (still has no reflection or shadow).

It's only weaknesses will be an inability to cross a line of salt and suffers damage from salt as if it were holy water.

I'd like some suggestions on cosmic and divine abilities to give it. I'm going to give it 6 divine abilities, 3 cosmic abilities (not including Cosmic Toughness or Superluminal since those will be a given).

It will have one Transcendental ability...Transmortality.

Last edited:

Remove ads