• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Solange

First Post
covaithe said:
"Tarag, does this say 'Tharzatdikat' or 'Tharztadkidat'?" Tommy asks, holding up a scroll. "I can't quite make it out."

He sighs. "I should probably wait to read these things until I'm sitting still with a steady light, rather than moving around through shadow with the wind trying to flip the pages on me, but I can't escape the feeling that I'm going to have to give all these books back in a few days, and Thyrin doesn't exactly seem the sharing type."
"M'lord, is it a good idea to be reading such things aloud?" Rapture asks.

covaithe

Explorer
Solange said:
"M'lord, is it a good idea to be reading such things aloud?" Rapture asks.
"Oh, this part is perfectly safe. It's just part of the spell matrix, which naturally is incomplete. The spells triggers are down here at the bottom. If I were to speak those words, well, I don't know what would happen. Probably nothing, since I don't know what the spell on this scroll is, and so wouldn't be able to channel it effectively. I don't know what the spell is, because Thyrin is apparently too busy building toys out of scrap metal to bother writing clearly!"

Tommy carefully stows the scroll in question for later study. "Isn't that roughly how divine scrolls work, too? I would have thought that the use of divine scrolls would have been part of your paladin training."

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange and Wik said:
"But if they can't see you, how would anyone pay attention to you?" Rapture asks with an almost straight face.
Galwynn chuckles at Rapture's comment, and then does his best to cover it up. "If only he were the unheard wolf, eh?"
Keldar laughs. He hops between the two paladins, and slaps Galwynn on the back. If he slaps Rapture somewhat lower, then it's surely only because his shoulder is sore.

"Nothing rhymes with 'wolf', anyway. When you're as famous as Keldar, what would you like to be known as?"

Boddynock

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Nothing rhymes with 'wolf', anyway. When you're as famous as Keldar, what would you like to be known as?"
"The sober? The serious? The wise? ... The humble?"

The dwarf smiles reflectively, rubbing at the remains of his beard.

"Actually, it's simpler than that - I wish to be known as Tarag of Clan Durvinn, Mastersmith."

Wik

First Post
"Galwynn the Solitary? Galwynn the unbothered?"

Taking a look up at the heavens, he scowls once more. "Most likely, though, it'll be Galwynn the Impaled, or Galwynn, he who was set upon by many angry bees.

I envy you, Tarag - your deity doesn't have a sense of humour."

Boddynock

First Post
Wik said:
"I envy you, Tarag - your deity doesn't have a sense of humour."
Tarag chuckles heartily, then says, "Ah, my friend, come and work in the forge for a day or so. Once you've had wreaths of spark clusters skittering from your toe to your top, you'll know better than to make such a claim!"

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Fame is fleeting and more a bother than it's worth. I'd rather be just be known as..." Rapture stops, and grows silent. "I'd rather just not be known."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Oh dear," says Keldar. "No, that won't do at all. You were going to stand by my side in a hundred battles and become part of the legend. I had the first verse of our song ready."

"When the bards sing fireside tales of glory,
The mighty hero Keldar steals each scene.
But now a new name's joined his story,
Entrancing all from Rivenblight to Rheim!"

Remove ads