• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Wik

First Post
Galwynn kicks a rock, and then starts at Keldar's shout. "Where?" he asks, sarcastically.

"I thought you could've thought of something a little bit more clever than that, rogue. I guess I was wrong."

He turns to Rapture as she speaks, and nods his head. "I guess I'm just worried about those things breaking out and getting near the town. I'm not the greatest warrior in the world, for sure... but I'm definately a better fighter than those kids. And you should see what that thing did to my ribs and chest. Imagine if it got near a school..."

Galwynn shudders, and then just shakes his head.

He kicks another rock.

Solange

First Post
"You can't let the burdens of the world weigh on your shoulders alone m'lord," Rapture says to Galwynn. She puts her hand on his shoulder and rubs it reassuringly. "Relax, there is no need to be a slave to your worries. There is no happiness in slavery."

OOC: Hope to get XP awards soon. I go out of town next week and will be gone for about 2 weeks, probably with no or limited internet access.

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag stands full on to the brunt of Keldar's words. His eyes gleam, and he nods - in understanding and, perhaps, acknowledgment. He speaks quietly again.

[sblock=Keldar]"And so you find within you the meaning which sustains you."[/sblock]Then his lips quirk, and he chuckles out loud.

"Fill my forge with rust monsters! Ah lad, I'm glad we've come to an understanding."

He then turns and strides off. From time to time he chuckles again.

"Rust monsters."

Wik

First Post
Galwynn shakes his head at Rapture's comment, bemused. "Typical Valessan sentiment, there. I think Halina says 'Never take your eye off the wolf, even when it can't be seen'."

Galwynn smiles, though - and not his usual, harsh smile, but a softer one. Then he winces in pain at his ribs, and once again kicks a stone.

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
"I thought you could've thought of something a little bit more clever than that, rogue. I guess I was wrong."
"I guess you were," says Keldar, quietly. He listens to the exchange between Galwynn and Rapture as Tarag walks ahead, and blows a puff of air from his cheeks. "You kick a lot of rocks, Galwynn. Maybe that's why their big brothers have been singling you out for punishment."

Solange

First Post
Wik said:
Galwynn shakes his head at Rapture's comment, bemused. "Typical Valessan sentiment, there. I think Halina says 'Never take your eye off the wolf, even when it can't be seen'."
"No, that's Zephos. I think Halina said 'You can stare at a crop, but that won't make it grow any faster.' You need to stop staring m'lord. And maybe blink on occasion."
Trouvere said:
"I guess you were," says Keldar, quietly. He listens to the exchange between Galwynn and Rapture as Tarag walks ahead, and blows a puff of air from his cheeks. "You kick a lot of rocks, Galwynn. Maybe that's why their big brothers have been singling you out for punishment."
"He's just working his way back up to elementals slowly. Just don't go kicking any campfires."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Not me! No campfires tonight! We'll have the best Grenton has to offer. You know, 'The Unseen Wolf' would be a good name for Keldar. Or for a tavern. Well, almost there. I hope they've not been manning their barricade in fear all this time. We can tell them the danger is much reduced."

covaithe

Explorer
"Tarag, does this say 'Tharzatdikat' or 'Tharztadkidat'?" Tommy asks, holding up a scroll. "I can't quite make it out."

He sighs. "I should probably wait to read these things until I'm sitting still with a steady light, rather than moving around through shadow with the wind trying to flip the pages on me, but I can't escape the feeling that I'm going to have to give all these books back in a few days, and Thyrin doesn't exactly seem the sharing type."

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Not me! No campfires tonight! We'll have the best Grenton has to offer. You know, 'The Unseen Wolf' would be a good name for Keldar. Or for a tavern. Well, almost there. I hope they've not been manning their barricade in fear all this time. We can tell them the danger is much reduced."
"But if they can't see you, how would anyone pay attention to you?" Rapture asks with an almost straight face.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn chuckles at Rapture's comment, and then does his best to cover it up.

"If only he were the unheard wolf, eh?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads