OD&D November 2013--Deluxe OD&D Reprint (White Box + Supplements I-IV)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I can't tell - the exterior looks like it's from full pieces of wood, and the interior is mostly covered by the contents (including a nice picture in the top). You should be able to see in the picture the grain on the top of the box. It might be a veneer, but I can't make out enough of the interior.

The dice are nice - red gem dice with differing patterns framing the number depending on the type of die.

The booklets have thinner cardboard covers than my copies of the originals (yes, I have them), but the interiors are very clear and nicely laid out; some errors in formatting have been fixed, but I've noticed one or two errors in the originals that have persisted (such as a reference to "eleven fighter/magic-users" in Greyhawk instead of "elven").

Cheers!

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
The booklets have thinner cardboard covers than my copies of the originals (yes, I have them), but the interiors are very clear and nicely laid out; some errors in formatting have been fixed, but I've noticed one or two errors in the originals that have persisted (such as a reference to "eleven fighter/magic-users" in Greyhawk instead of "elven").

Cheers!

That's not a typo. There are 11 fighter/magic-users in Greyhawk.

;)

KentDT

Explorer
How to buy

Has anyone actually received this by order yet? I live in Japan and ordered through Amazon in November (the original release date). Now they say that it is indefinitely on back order and that they have no other information. It looks like there may be a couple of places that are actually selling it in the marketplace but at a higher price point which makes me wonder if it was so limited that it's already in short supply. So, any recommendations on where I could actually order one at a place that has it in stock?

Amazon seems confused by the existence of this product and seems uncertain if it exists.
My amazing wife ordered it for me for Christmas and Amazon seems reluctant to deliver it.

But I've seen a copy. The dice are really nice. Transparent gem dice but detailed. The lid has this layered thing that seems super fragile. The box itself seems to be faux wood, very light. But still still nice. The etching is shallow but detailed. Very precise. The covers of the books are thicker than standard paper but thinner than cardstock. But it doesn't seem cheap.

TheFunkyPhanom

First Post
I received one of my copies from Amazon on the 24th. I ordered it the day it was announced. The copy I ordered in early April still hasn't shipped and I got the delayed email for it that everyone else is getting. I guess they got a few copies, but it doesn't look like they got many.

My wife ordered this for me back in November for a Christmas present and it still has not arrived. They have a delivery ETA but it's a period of several weeks. It could arrive today or it could arrive late January.
Amazon is weird with RPG books. This is not the first time they seem to have gotten the release date horribly wrong for RPG books, both WotC and Paizo.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I preordered it from Amazon back in March and got an e-mail from Amazon saying they were out of stock and likely wouldn't have any until January, if at all. :(

I cancelled my preorder a few days ago and ordered it from Barnes & Noble. It shipped the next day.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Ordered mine last April and had all but given up hope that I would ever get a copy. However last week I received an email saying it would be shipped this week!

Remove ads