• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

November Releases Up on Amazon

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Fallen Seraph said:
They are quite amazing, there are three books out right now with a fourth coming out this July. Also if you know your history it can be fun seeing historical figures or hearing about actual battles, etc.
Actually, four books are out right now, with the fifth (Victory of Eagles) due July 8th. Not that I'm looking forward to it, no no. (twitches with anticipation)

I'm starting to contemplate a man vs. dragon campaign to test out 4E. Points of light, but instead of demon-infected, the world is dragon-infested. Having a Draconomicon so early on would do a lot to help that along if I decide 4E is for me.

physics_ninja

First Post
Terramotus said:
Holy hell, that looks like an awesome set of books. I've never heard of them, but I'll have to check them out now.

They are an awesome set of books. For those who are interested the author is Naomi Novik and the titles are:

Her Magesty's Dragon (England)
Throne of Jade (China)
Black Powder War (Europe)
Empire of Ivory (Africa).

There is a lot of travelling involved (hence the locations in parenthesis) and will give you a *lot* of ideas for roleplaying dragons.

Oh, the fourth book is out now in paperback.

Last edited:

Raith5

Adventurer
WyzardWhately said:
If I may be so bold as to offer a personal opinion: The Book of Madness and the Libris Mortis were both about twice as awesome as the Draconomicon, and in fewer pages. I for one am fairly certain that all that needs to be said about the dragons could be fit into one book of this size, or two lesser ones, if they absolutely must have twinned tomes for the chromatic and their shiney-assed cousins. This book is nearly a whole extra PHB. I find it rather disconcerting that a single type of monster is going to take up two entire books, and come near to double the player's handbook. Quite frankly, I suspect this is going to contain a hell of a lot of filler.

I'm not rabid about this, I may be proven wrong. But I'm pretty anti-filler. Not only is it a transparent tactic intended to justify higher prices, it also actually reduces the quality of the text as a whole - a really tight, well-edited book is more useful than one I have to wade through to find the gems.

Agreed. I thought they were trying to avoid the 3ed sprawl. 288 pages apiece! Filler alert.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Eridanis said:
Actually, four books are out right now, with the fifth (Victory of Eagles) due July 8th. Not that I'm looking forward to it, no no. (twitches with anticipation)

I'm starting to contemplate a man vs. dragon campaign to test out 4E. Points of light, but instead of demon-infected, the world is dragon-infested. Having a Draconomicon so early on would do a lot to help that along if I decide 4E is for me.

Woops >< I always forget Empire of Ivory.

I cannot wait till we see North American Dragons, it is going to be amazing :D

Remove ads