• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

November Releases Up on Amazon

chaotix42

First Post
An entire book for chromatic dragons? Color me curious!

Hey, aren't chromatic dragons free of their "usually evil" shackles?

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Yup they are, the main distinction between Chromatic and Metallic Dragons in terms of their behaviour are:

-Chromatics: Much more predatorial and ferocious, have a higher tendency to hoard treasure.

-Metallic: They are more found of power and authority.

WyzardWhately

First Post
I wonder what the pagecount on that is. It'd have to be a hell of a book to justify 40 USD, especially being narrower than the first Draconomicon. Maybe it has a lot of new stuff in it, spells, rituals, powers, feats, epic destinies, maybe a new class, a number of prebuilt encounters, maybe a mini-adventure or at least a couple of maps.

...but even with all that, the metallic/chromatic split doesn't seem to make as much sense as I'd like it to.

EDIT: Oh, there it is. 288 pages.

Almacov

First Post
Blast.

If the illustration and writing quality in the new Draconomicon is as good as it was in the first one, this means I'm going to have to buy more than just the core rules, FRCS and APG this edition.
:p
Dastardly WotC, pulling ye olde dragon card again.

In any case, I hope they keep fairly true to most of the evocative visual dragon design Lockwood put together in this edition. I've heard they only altered the green dragon design though, so I'm not terribly worried. (Though hopefully they'll bring back the brass and bronze for the second Draconomicon volume or MM2)

[Oh, 576 pages of high-quality dragon-ey goodness split between two volumes does sound pretty appealing...]

Last edited:

Remove ads