• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

November Releases Up on Amazon

Terramotus

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
Hehe, it actually makes me want to do a "Temeraire" game. In it there are those Dragons who serve beside mankind, generally in militaristic terms (in Europe, in China they are viewed as regular citizens) and the Ferals which fit quite well with Chromatics since they essentially while not evil or anything are predators and such.

It is also neat since it is set during the Napoleonic Wars, so you got various Dragon war-tactics and such, and the outcome of battles are different thanks to the Dragons.
Holy hell, that looks like an awesome set of books. I've never heard of them, but I'll have to check them out now.

Lizard

Explorer
WyzardWhately said:
I'm not rabid about this, I may be proven wrong. But I'm pretty anti-filler. Not only is it a transparent tactic intended to justify higher prices, it also actually reduces the quality of the text as a whole - a really tight, well-edited book is more useful than one I have to wade through to find the gems.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic, and say that with the much simpler mechanics for dragons in 4e, you won't need as many pages devoted to pure stat blocks. I'm hoping this book will take in 'the best of' the 3e material -- dragon races, dragon magic, new dragon species -- all in one place and updated for 4e.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Terramotus said:
Holy hell, that looks like an awesome set of books. I've never heard of them, but I'll have to check them out now.

They are quite amazing, there are three books out right now with a fourth coming out this July. Also if you know your history it can be fun seeing historical figures or hearing about actual battles, etc.

Zamkaizer

First Post
WyzardWhately said:
I find it rather disconcerting that a single type of monster is going to take up two entire books, and come near to double the player's handbook.
Just think how many books are devoted to Dungeons though!

Glyfair

Explorer
Scholar & Brutalman said:
The "dragon book" mentioned by the Israeli source before Gencon is finally official. I think that's the last of his reveals.
I believe we still have the "arcane" book left. We've dates for the Magic Item, Martial and Dragon books.

Last edited:

SoulsFury

Explorer
Zamkaizer said:
Just think how many books are devoted to Dungeons though!

And it is Dungeons and DRAGONS after all... so now we need two books devoted to dungeons right?

In all seriousness, this better be a good book for $40, but I'm looking forward to it.

RavinRay

Explorer
Dragonhelm said:
I'm looking forward to Draconomicon III: Gem Dragons. :p
Out of curiosity, Dragonhelm, where would you use them? Not Dragonlance, I daresay.

I wish us die-hard gem dragon fans who do extensive in-house gem dragon stuff can somehow be involved in such a book. ;)

Lizard

Explorer
RavinRay said:
Out of curiosity, Dragonhelm, where would you use them? Not Dragonlance, I daresay.

I wish us die-hard gem dragon fans who do extensive in-house gem dragon stuff can somehow be involved in such a book. ;)

Gem dragons roxxor, mostly because they were in the very first Dragon I got with my subscription, and always have a special place in my heart.

MaelStorm

First Post
My complaint: why rehash the psychological/historical/social/ethos/blah,blah fluff in different chapters for each book of the series, and put one book for chromatic dragons, metallic dragons, gem dragons, plus maybe the left over dragons of the other three books, plus another one for the dragons they forgot to include in the left over (meaning the left over of the left over), etc.? And put only one or two book with less repetitive fluff. Less fluff would sell more IMO.

Last edited:

Remove ads