[November] What are you reading?

Milkman Dan

First Post
Banshee16 said:
Almost finished "A Feast for Crows", and I'm thrilled that a certain character I despise is *finally* getting a bit of what's coming to them. Sweet, sweet revenge :)

I'll be getting A Feast for Crows soon. :D

Right now I'm reading a horror novel by Bentley Little, The House. It won a Bram Stoker award, or so the cover proclaims. It's pretty good so far...

Elf Witch

First Post
I just finished Ghosts in the Snow by Tamara Siler Jones it is a CSI type novel set in a fantasy setting.

It is good in parts I enjoyed the main character who was the castle's castellan and in charge of solving the murders. The hints of his backstory was interesting as well as his curse of being tormented by the ghosts of the murder victims.

But there were a lot of parts that annoyed me the love story, a lot of the other characters and the world itself did not really seem to be believable. The author is a better mystery writer than a fantasy writer. Though the third novel novel in the series has just been published so I guess some people really like them.

I am just starting the third Tanya Huff novel in the new Henry Fitzroy/Tony series Smoke and Ashes.

I really enjoyed the first two I love that the books are set on a fictional Vampire TV show set ala Nick Knight with Tony moving up in the ranks of production crew. And I aslo enjoy his ongoing friendship with the real life vampire Henry.

Saba Taru

Explorer
Let's see. What have I been reading this week. My husband complains that I go through books so fast that he's going to devote an entirely separate building to them and call it my library annex to the house. Heh.

I just finished Mary Roach's "Stiff" and I'm almost done with her second book "Spook." Both of them are hilarious. All the snark I love from Jim Butcher's novels mixed with an inciteful look into subjects most people are loathe to talk about. I'd highly recommend them with the warning that they aren't for everyone and certainly not for sensative readers.

And I loved all the Harry Dresden Files novels (all 8 or 9 of them. I can't remember how many there are) by Jim Butcher. His "Furies of Calderon" series (which is fantasy oriented) is also very entertaining, with a new take on fantasy magic that was fascinating, but I didn't like them as much as his Dresden Files novels.

Now I have to go back to the bookstore and find more things to read. My husband will be so proud. :p

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
I know why the caged bird sings by Maya Angelou. Reading it for my book club. Been interesting so far :). Also just finished Going Postal by Terry Pratchett. First one of his I've read in years and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Remove ads