• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Now I Want Beer Can Armor...

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Because of its manufacture, it has become the beer of choice to order when you're tired of someone doing the "I"m gonna crush this beer can on my forehead!" trick.
A famous local Duke in the SCA used to this trick all the time at events. After a couple years of serious weightlifting (and a few beers) Duncan thought he would show people how it was done. BAM! The can stayed un-crunched and a trickle of blood started flowing.

Duncan still has the circular scar on his forehead. :D

Afterward, the Duke told him "Just before the can hits your forehead, punch in the side with your thumb." See, the famous Duke was also a mechanical engineer.

Ah, good times.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Personally, I do can crunches on tables & bars, just in case. The flesh of my hand is thicker & tougher than that of my forehead.

And it also makes it easier to dimple the side of the can.;)

My technique looks effortless: I rest my hand on top of the can which is sitting on the table. Then, I tighten my grip just enough to dimple the can with my middle & ring fingers and/or thumb while simultaneously exerting downward force. No noisy slamming involved- it just crushes with seemingly no exertion on my part.

It's a subtle display.

Last edited:

Remove ads