Now You Can SMELL Your Roleplaying Games with scentFX

Have you ever wanted to conjure up the smell of an ancient crypt, a rowdy tavern, or the fishing docks to help with your players' immersion into your game? A Kickstarter aims to do just that, making small "scentFX" orbs - only if you're in America, though. For $10, Americans can get a sample-5 pack, or for $15 a jar of their choice. The initial line-up includes 20 scents, with additional scents available as stretch goals.

Have you ever wanted to conjure up the smell of an ancient crypt, a rowdy tavern, or the fishing docks to help with your players' immersion into your game? A Kickstarter aims to do just that, making small "scentFX" orbs - only if you're in America, though. For $10, Americans can get a sample-5 pack, or for $15 a jar of their choice. The initial line-up includes 20 scents, with additional scents available as stretch goals.

Click on the image below!

7eef47608b1372163d4d28336c5da85f_large.jpg

lyle.spade

Adventurer
I wonder how well the following could be approximated with that kit:

1. Beholder bile
2. Fetid swamp water
3. The bouqet of a ogre's lair

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Yankee Candle has been branching into this space a bit with their so-called "mandles." Scents like old leather, bacon... my personal favorite is "2x4."

That's it, that's the name. Just "2x4." Classic.

Unfortunately, as you might expect, they all smell unspeakably terrible. But if there were a halfway decent way to evoke the scents of a well-kept tavern in my game room I would jump all over that. I'm not as interested in Eau d'Zombi or Third Day Full Plate. Some things are best left to the imagination.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Gen Con scent! Never been to Gen Con, now you can experience it.

I can see this as an interesting way of IDing potions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xavian Starsider

First Post
DM: Suddenly, the ground explodes as a desiccated corpse rises from the filth and rot, emanating the stench of foulness and death a thousand years removed. Everyone take a whiff of this.

And then there's troglodytes....

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads