Now You Can SMELL Your Roleplaying Games with scentFX

Have you ever wanted to conjure up the smell of an ancient crypt, a rowdy tavern, or the fishing docks to help with your players' immersion into your game? A Kickstarter aims to do just that, making small "scentFX" orbs - only if you're in America, though. For $10, Americans can get a sample-5 pack, or for $15 a jar of their choice. The initial line-up includes 20 scents, with additional scents available as stretch goals.

Have you ever wanted to conjure up the smell of an ancient crypt, a rowdy tavern, or the fishing docks to help with your players' immersion into your game? A Kickstarter aims to do just that, making small "scentFX" orbs - only if you're in America, though. For $10, Americans can get a sample-5 pack, or for $15 a jar of their choice. The initial line-up includes 20 scents, with additional scents available as stretch goals.

Click on the image below!

7eef47608b1372163d4d28336c5da85f_large.jpg

jhowlett

First Post
Just wanted to note that I bowed to the public shaming and am now offering international shipping via the kickstarter. And I hope to soon be able to hook you up with all the fetid swamp water stenches you can handle. Most of the scents are subtle, and some are pleasant, but there are a few that are a bit more disturbing :).

Li Shenron

Legend
For what it's worth though, he has an intriguing and humorous kickstarter.

Oh for sure :)

Just wanted to note that I bowed to the public shaming and am now offering international shipping via the kickstarter. And I hope to soon be able to hook you up with all the fetid swamp water stenches you can handle. Most of the scents are subtle, and some are pleasant, but there are a few that are a bit more disturbing :).

It's really not for me, but I wish your kickstarter makes it, Good Luck! :D

akyi

First Post
If anyone is interested, our Kickstarter has reached enough stretch goals to do a line of historical and a line of science fiction scents. If anyone has recommendations on what we should do, drop us a note! We also have another stretch goal we're working on that is 'modern' scents and we have some funky ideas floating around on how to mix scents from different lines to make a ridiculous array of possible adventure settings. Metropolis Scent (cement, car exhaust) + Japanese Tea House (cherry blossoms, green tea) = an asian city. Add Robot (steel, plastic, mineral oil) to get Cyberpunk setting. These aren't set in stone, but its an example of what we're thinking of trying.

Remove ads

Remove ads