• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

nWoD/CoC/X-Files - The Shadows - OOC

Jemal

Adventurer
WD, don't forget to add the equipment bonus for your gun to your attack roll (+2 if it's a light pistol, +3 if it's heavy).

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Damn that's cool. I like the way you take liberties with details I forgot to add. Like the time of night (I was originally thinking late afternoon but middle of night works as well :lol: ) and the victim's ethnicity (Though the name suggests to Shay's choice ;)). Now All I wish is something like SRD for ST-system :(. Posting at work isn't as easy as with d20 games.

Jemal

Adventurer
I figured night works best for a world of darkness campaign.. specially since I see Jericho as being one of those night shift detectives. (sides, All the cool stuff happens on night shift. ;) )
And as for the exact time, well the numbers 238 and 1238 are kinda a special number for me and my friends, it seems to pop up everywhere. Hek, even in the movie 23... 2 to the power of 3 is 8... 238. Just shows you if you're looking for a pattern you'll see it everywhere.

Shayuri

First Post
Oh really? Hmm!

How does that work?

...not that it matters. If ever there was a time to spend Willpower on defense, I'd say this was it. :)

Walking Dad

First Post
Core Book p. 156:
A further option is to spend a Willpower point to increase your character's Defense by two against a single attack. If his Defense is normally 2 it increases to 4 for the incoming attack. If he has already evaded other attacks in the turn and his Defense is currently reduced to, say, one, a spent Willpower point increases it to 3 to avoid a single attack. Basically, your character puts special effort into avoiding a particular assault. See "Resistance" p. 133 for more information.

Walking Dad

First Post
Core Boob page 133
In these cases, you can spend a point of Willpower in a reflexive action to gain a bonus to Resistance efforts. In combat, a point of Willpower spent adds two points to your characterÕs Defense to resist harm against a single attack. You simply announce that you're spending Willpower
to resist when the attack is staged. (Your character could even dodge in a turn see p. 121 and you could spend a Willpower point to gain a further two points of protection against a single attack.)
Yes, sounds like Angie's defense will be 6 for this attack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads