O.G.R.E: Online Generic Randomizer Engine

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Is there a way to see another persons table? I like the sci-fi corp one, and would like to use it as a base for a modern one without the space specific stuff.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Is there a "quick" way to import a large number of items into a table? I have several lists of items in a plain text file that I'd like to make tables from to make a generator

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
O.G.R.E.

Is there a "quick" way to import a large number of items into a table? I have several lists of items in a plain text file that I'd like to make tables from to make a generator

Sorry, nope. Gotta do it manually!

Fox Lee

Explorer
Feel free to try it out! The more the merrier!
Yeah, I feel like a bit of a jackass. I tried to experiment, but on closer inspection what happened was that I didn't notice the tabs for creating generator/table/etc. So what I saw was the default page after clicking "create", which is the mostly-empty Generator form, which led to me thinking the table structure must have been expressed in text. Huge fail and such >3>;

Anyway, I will be messing with it once I have today's assignment done ^^ I have a race called the soratami whose language basically uses Japanese syllables, and that seems like the easiest thing ever to make a name generator, so good times.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Is there a way to see another persons table? I like the sci-fi corp one, and would like to use it as a base for a modern one without the space specific stuff.

Okay I thought that "Browse Generator/Table" option under Create table would show how a table/generator was created but it doesn't. So back to my original question, Is there a way to see a generator's construction?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Okay I thought that "Browse Generator/Table" option under Create table would show how a table/generator was created but it doesn't. So back to my original question, Is there a way to see a generator's construction?

There's an example of one on the help page. It's just a text box, but you insert tags where you want stuff to appear, but you can copy the example I put there.

Texicles

First Post
So, without the ability to self-reference for things like "roll again," I assume the way to handle this would be to create two tables which are identical except for their names and have them reference each other on the reroll case. Is this correct?

If it is, any chance we could get a way to copy tables to cut down on repetitive data entry (or could someone kindly tell me where it is if such a thing exists already)?

Finally, in dabbling tonight, I haven't quite figured out math (e.g. multiplication). Say I want 3d6*5, is there a syntax for that? I created some tables to return the values I wanted, but I can't help but think that was not the best way to go about it.

Either way, this is both fun and exciting, and I'm going to try to dedicate some time to working on this. I can't promise I'll come up with any interesting/fun/exciting/useful generators, but I'll do my best to populate some tables for others to use.

Zaltys

First Post
Finally, in dabbling tonight, I haven't quite figured out math (e.g. multiplication). Say I want 3d6*5, is there a syntax for that? I created some tables to return the values I wanted, but I can't help but think that was not the best way to go about it.
This seems to work:
{$temp: {3d6}}{$temp: $temp*5}{print: $temp}

Also, I noticed that it doesn't seem possible to reset variables. This rolls the same number twice:
{$temp: {3d6}}{print: $temp}
{$temp: {2d5}}{print: $temp}

Last edited:

Remove ads