O.G.R.E: Online Generic Randomizer Engine

Bagpuss

Legend
Yes I get the need for generators, but is there a reason tables can't be just executed? Could there be a toggle to tick so that some tables stay in the background, and perhaps are harder to locate as they are now, but others are sort of promoted to "mini-generator" status, so appear on the front of the portal, and can be executed with a simple click.

An example of this is the table {Bagpuss(Cards - Tarot Deck)} I've just created. The generator to run that would literally just be a call to that table. Could that not be toggled to generator status? While {Bagpuss(Cards - Major Arcana)}, {Bagpuss(Cards - Tarot Values)} and {Bagpuss(Cards - Tarot Suits)} which it calls could stay in background hidden.

As it is I need to create a generator just to call the table, as I can't actually execute the table itself.

Just a suggestion.

Bagpuss

Legend
Notice another little bug, the Caps Control modifiers don't work with nested tables. They only effect the text of the first table called.

So for example with my Tarot Draw generator {Bagpuss[Tarot Draw]} which calls the table {Bagpuss(Cards - Tarot Deck)}

That table is 1d78 has the code...

Code:
1-22 {Bagpuss(Cards - Major Arcana)}
23-78 the {Bagpuss(Cards - Tarot Values)} of {Bagpuss(Cards - Tarot Suits)}

If you make the code of the generator

Code:
You draw {Bagpuss(Cards - Tarot Deck)|allcaps}

I would expect results like.

You draw THE TOWER
You draw THE PAGE OF SWORDS

but I get results

You draw The Tower
You draw THE page OF swords

Bagpuss

Legend
Another little suggestion, can the Table Reference box that gives you the code to copy be moved to the top? When you have a table with over 100 values it is a pain to scroll to the bottom just to get the reference. Better yet could the reference be next to or under the table in the browse window, it would save a click.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Another little suggestion, can the Table Reference box that gives you the code to copy be moved to the top? When you have a table with over 100 values it is a pain to scroll to the bottom just to get the reference. Better yet could the reference be next to or under the table in the browse window, it would save a click.

I think a spreadsheet index may be in order...yes, I am working on it but I am slow.

By the way this is what it looking like...

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yes I get the need for generators, but is there a reason tables can't be just executed? Could there be a toggle to tick so that some tables stay in the background, and perhaps are harder to locate as they are now, but others are sort of promoted to "mini-generator" status, so appear on the front of the portal, and can be executed with a simple click.

An example of this is the table {Bagpuss(Cards - Tarot Deck)} I've just created. The generator to run that would literally just be a call to that table. Could that not be toggled to generator status? While {Bagpuss(Cards - Major Arcana)}, {Bagpuss(Cards - Tarot Values)} and {Bagpuss(Cards - Tarot Suits)} which it calls could stay in background hidden.

As it is I need to create a generator just to call the table, as I can't actually execute the table itself.

Just a suggestion.

Well, with luck somebody will compile all these fetaure requests and I'll ask how much the developers would charge to implement them. At present they're working on v1.2 described above.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
O.G.R.E.

Just got an email from the developer saying the search is fixed. I'm on my phone though - can anyone confirm?

Remove ads