O.L.D. & N.E.W. Errata Thread

Sniperfox47

First Post
Considering it only appears in the gladiator tradition, (I ran through the rest of them and didn't see it) I'd assume it was an error. That being said, while having the same name might be confusing for players, I see no reason you couldn't use both the skill and the combat trick. The combat trick removes the penalty for fighting and then the skill gives bonuses to ability checks involving handling things in both hands.

DireWereTeddy

First Post
I've noticed that the formula given for the Defense and Mental Defense values doesn't seem to be accurate.

For example, using a 13 Agility (the first number not listed on the chart) would give a Defense of 21, which is equal to having an 11 Agility.

This seems to be true in both the O.L.D. and N.E.W. playtest documents.

Sniperfox47

First Post
Couple things I noticed while converting my players traditions to the new playtest doc

1) mental defense of page 61 says substitute WIL for STR, rather than for AGI.

2) the monster section still lists carry capacity as STRx20. Not sure if this is an error or intended.

3) Drain still says it can reverse the affects of infuse nature but infuse nature still doesn't have anything to do.

4) Infuse and Drain Force both still do nothing. Not sure if this is an error or intended.

5) If you take an elemental sword with the create life enduring augment and you run a guy through with it, does it endure since you're combining it with someone living, even if only temporarily. If not, is there any way to make a permenant elemental sword under the current system?

6) Under the new document it has a section talking about taking a skill once per tradition, but below has a table showing a requirement for a certain tier. Do both restrictions need to be satisfied?

7) The document doesn't explicitly state either way; can more than one skill be applied to a single attribute test?

8) Can I suggest making the XP cost for attributes based on the number of times that you've bought upgrades (either to attributes, or to that specific one) rather than on it's new value? Otherwise a character who buys a rank of mage and then an upgrade to magic pays more than an identical character who buys an upgrade to magic and then a rank of mage...

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The 5/5/2014 document shows carry capacity on character sheet as STRx20 but is STRx10 in document.

Yeah, changing the character sheet is a lot more difficult than changing the playtest document! I'll get a revised one done as soon as I can!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Couple things I noticed while converting my players traditions to the new playtest doc

1) mental defense of page 61 says substitute WIL for STR, rather than for AGI.

2) the monster section still lists carry capacity as STRx20. Not sure if this is an error or intended.

Errors/typos - thanks!

3) Drain still says it can reverse the affects of infuse nature but infuse nature still doesn't have anything to do.

4) Infuse and Drain Force both still do nothing. Not sure if this is an error or intended.

5) If you take an elemental sword with the create life enduring augment and you run a guy through with it, does it endure since you're combining it with someone living, even if only temporarily. If not, is there any way to make a permenant elemental sword under the current system?

I'll double check those and get back to you. So many documents!

6) Under the new document it has a section talking about taking a skill once per tradition, but below has a table showing a requirement for a certain tier. Do both restrictions need to be satisfied?

Both, yep.

7) The document doesn't explicitly state either way; can more than one skill be applied to a single attribute test?

No, but I'd be willing to hear playtest feedback on that. I suspect that would open the door a bit too wide, though, and undo a lot of the dice pool tightening work the playtests have done over the last few months.

8) Can I suggest making the XP cost for attributes based on the number of times that you've bought upgrades (either to attributes, or to that specific one) rather than on it's new value? Otherwise a character who buys a rank of mage and then an upgrade to magic pays more than an identical character who buys an upgrade to magic and then a rank of mage...

I don't quite understand that! Could you clarify for me? Thanks!

GlassEye

Adventurer

In EOMR Infuse Nature gave temporary hit points. Infuse Force was used to give an enhancement bonus (like the Magic Weapon or Magic Fang spells in 3.x) to hit and damage. If you are familiar with EOMR and already know all this, my apologies. Not sure how these translate into WOIN, though.

Sniperfox47

First Post
Let's say, just as an example you have a human PC with 4 in INT.
Say he takes the second level of mage for 2000 XP and then raises his INT costing 1200 XP for a total of 3200 XP.
If he instead takes the attribute first it would cost only 1000xp plus the 2000 for the tradition after saving him 200 XP to do the same thing, just in a different order...

Remove ads