Oathbound : Homecoming (the gathering) everybody in!

Voadam

Legend
kirinke said:
Marisa closes her eyes, briefly as she remembers a bit from her lessons. "The citadel is said to arise from one of the demonic planes once a century. As it is a thing associated with hell, it is attracted to spots of great negative energy."

She opened her eyes with a wry smile. "And like many things of great magic, it is not far. Perhaps 20 miles to the north at the most."

"And what do mean? Birds associated with the marks on our hands?" she asked curiously as she finished loading up her mule, making sure the packs are well balanced and that Spice is comfortable. Though using her wild empathy, she gets the standard grumpy feeling of wanting to sleep in from the rather lazy thing. She chuckles and feeds him a bit of dried apple and as she moves towards her warhorse, she also 'treats' Sugar.

"The bird association is from research Orillian and Julian conducted. At one point years ago, Orillian sketched the patterns of our seven marks and later discovered this pattern corresponded to a map with seven citadels in seven regions. The wizard who sketched the map was attacked by a flock of black birds and appeared in the lands he later mapped and spent years working to return to this world. When he succeeded he regretted his actions as this world was so much less alive than the other, and I forget Orillian did he commit suicide? In any case, Julian also knew of one paladin who was attacked by a flock of ravens and disappeared never to be heard from again. So the map of this otherworld that dark birds drag some off to corresponded to our marks at one point in our lives."

"I am an intiated member of the Enlightened Order and sworn to war on supernatural Evil. Do you recall specifically whether this place is associated with Demons of the Abyss or the diabolic forces of hell? Many demons are vulnerable to cold iron while many devils of Hell are vulnerable to silver weapons. Negative energy would indicate undead, and there are a number demon lords associated with the undead and a number of fiends of both types who have powers related to the Evil Dead. This citadel bears investigating, as does this black stain."

Voadam

Legend
"I have experience destroying undead and I am trained in fighting Fiendish opponents. Orillian is a summoner with great knowledge of extraplanar creatures and Julian is trained in unarmored combat. Do any of the others of you have experience fighting fiends or undead? Baja, that club would be a great weapon for smashing skeletal foes that are resistant to the cuts from my sword."

kirinke

First Post
Marisa

Marisa curses inwardly. Great. Just Great. Undead creepy crawlies. I absolutely hate undead!

"I have been trained in hunting incorporeal undead and i do have some weapons that can potentially harm them. As a priestess of Pelor, I can also detect undead as well as supernatural evil." she looked at the others expectantly.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan shrugs.

"And here am I merely trained in the carving of people just like you and I on a field of battle. However, all this speculation seems premature. We don't even know if the citadel is what we're going to find when we get wherever it is we're going. Even then, if we do indeed find this citadel, we cannot say what we will face there. I personally have been pondering this mystery for too long. I am going to follow my hand. I invite you all to acompany me."

So saying, he bows towards the assembled and starts off in the direction of the black dot.

Ferrix

Explorer
"Undead, foul things they are; last time I came across them, they didn't even get within their foul reach of me," he says with a smile, "now, as to the citadel and these birds which take people to new lands, the tale beckons to be told and Tristan seems to be starting the story without us, shall we?" With that, he follows Tristan.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Marisa:

Marisa also shrugs. It could be that their ultimate destination was the same as the Citadel but for now, this map on her hand seemed to be the most pressing. "Very well. I suppose the Citadel can wait for now, this rune-map on our hands seem to be the most pressing thing at the moment." she said, unwilling to loose these newfound comrades for some reason.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
It is Baja who looks at the map and then his palm and recognizes the locations as very close or the same (being the only guy with ranks in survival's good for something ;) ). Those of you with knowlege of the planes (or to some extent arcana) have heard of this citadel as well. It is associated with a banished Devil lord with strong ties to the undead. The Citadel arises in areas that already have strong negitive energy and then creates and harnesses multiple undead. The devil lord is not fully in the dimension until the citadel has been tied to the material realm by the undead laborers. Julius has heard of the last known case where defenders failed to overcome the citadel before this happened - fighting the fully materialized devil wiped out over half of his order at that time centuries ago and many clerics gave their lives reversing his anchor is the world. In another case a single senior cleric and his student who happened to see the first materializations of the citadel were able to destroy its tenuous connection then and there. Timing, it seems, is everything.

Kahuna Burger

kirinke

First Post
Marisa:

It seems that we are heading in the same general direction. It may be that I can convince the others to deal with this. In any case, if they cannot or will not help me, I must go alone. Marisa sighed.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Kahuna Burger said:
It is Baja who looks at the map and then his palm and recognizes the locations as very close or the same (being the only guy with ranks in survival's good for something ;) ). Those of you with knowlege of the planes (or to some extent arcana) have heard of this citadel as well. It is associated with a banished Devil lord with strong ties to the undead. The Citadel arises in areas that already have strong negitive energy and then creates and harnesses multiple undead. The devil lord is not fully in the dimension until the citadel has been tied to the material realm by the undead laborers. Julius has heard of the last known case where defenders failed to overcome the citadel before this happened - fighting the fully materialized devil wiped out over half of his order at that time centuries ago and many clerics gave their lives reversing his anchor is the world. In another case a single senior cleric and his student who happened to see the first materializations of the citadel were able to destroy its tenuous connection then and there. Timing, it seems, is everything.

Kahuna Burger

"If this is the citadel then there is no time to waste." Kyron strides forward with the others.

Remove ads