Oathbound : Homecoming (the gathering) everybody in!

kirinke

First Post
Marisa:

Marisa nodded cautiously, slowly removing the glove that concealed the strange 'birthmark'.

"Yes. I do believe I have the same marks and something else." she replied, coming to a conscious decision. Perhaps these strange people could answer the note's question.

"But first, may I have the rest of your names?" she asked, fingering the concealed note.

GPEKO

First Post
The young and tall human wearing expensive (if now dusty) clothes offers some answers to the newcomers.
Tristan said:
"My name is Tristan Eransiel, and I too have come seeking answers. I think that you may find that the seven us have all come to this place for a reason. My hand bears a marking that I believe represents a gathering of souls around me. If the rest of you also bear this mark, then I believe that my search will be over."
"Around you ? Mr. Eransiel, if we, the 'souls' like you say, are gathering around somebody it has to be around me, Orillian of Forbach, since I was the one who proposed that we come along this road to meet ... you, I guess. But anyway, this is nonsense. We are not gathering around anybody but are gathered by somebody. Does any of you three have any insight on who that might be ? Or do you know anything significant about this .. this 'birthmark' ?"
Baja said:
Me am Baja! You's made the itchin' stop!
Now I know that the powers who brought us together are not very wise ... No really ! A dim-whitted half-breed ??
Marisa said:
"But first, may I have the rest of your names?"
Orillan dismounts and moves closer to Marisa. After making a slight bow, he speaks."I am, fair lady, Orillian of Forbach, master of the arcane. May I ask what you were doing in this harsh country, alone ? Were you also looking for others with this mark. It seems not."

hafrogman

Adventurer
GPEKO said:
"Around you ? Mr. Eransiel, if we, the 'souls' like you say, are gathering around somebody it has to be around me, Orillian of Forbach, since I was the one who proposed that we come along this road to meet ... you, I guess."

Tristan frowns slightly at the tone taken with him. Then his expression darkens further at the slight cast towards Baja. He had only just met this man, and already he was being rubbed the wrong way. He could only hope that the three other people were cut from a different cloth.

"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. My marking showed other marks around the dot that represented me. Each of my companions' markings shows other marks gathering around theirs. I was referring to what my marks shows, and my statement stands. Now however, my mark too has changed. I feel we are all here, for whatever reason, and now I wish to play out this little journey. I suggest we move to discover what comes next, then perhaps we can all get answers to our questions."

He turns to face the direction of the black dot as well as he can infer from his hand. He gestures in ivitation towards that direction.

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
strife already...this we do not need.. Julian thinks to himself. It would definitly seem that these "marks" have brought us finally together, no matter who started this journey. I would agree that journeying towards what may be indicated by our new "dot" may provide us with the answers we seek.
Turning to Marisa I am Julian, a monk of the Order of the Silent River 'tis a honor to meet you. All of you actually

Voadam

Legend
deadestdai said:
Again Baja's hand itched.

Always'd wiv the itchin'! It never stop!

He scratched at it absentmindedly and listened to the new peoples introduce themselves.

He looked at the two riders closely, hand at first tensing about his massive club, then relaxing after he noticed that these fellows offered no sense of danger. He nodded and smiled his smashing-est toothy grin at the others and noticed that the itching that had plagued him had ceased.

Me am Baja! You's made the itchin' stop! He lifted his hand to show the mark to the others.

"Well met Baja. What itching do you speak of? Is it connected to your mark? I see your mark resembles mine as well, did yours just change now as well?"

kirinke

First Post
Marisa

"Perhaps I might have some insight on where we must go. I apologize for my initial distrust. I am Marisa Veridath, a priestess of Pelor and a Ranger of the Crystal Mountains." she paused as she fished out the note, noticing that the warmth in her hand had also vanished. "I recieved this note via a blackbird. Perhaps this is where we need to go," she said, letting the others read it.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
kirinke said:
"Perhaps I might have some insight on where we must go. I apologize for my initial distrust. I am Marisa Veridath, a priestess of Pelor and a Ranger of the Crystal Mountains." she paused as she fished out the note, noticing that the warmth in her hand had also vanished. "I recieved this note via a blackbird. Perhaps this is where we need to go," she said, letting the others read it.

"A blackbird?" Kyron gives Orillion a significant look. "Have any of the others of you had any significant encounters with birds?"

"Hmm 'The citadel of Asrer arises' . . . Who sent you this message Marisa?"

kirinke

First Post
Marisa

"As I said I recieved it from a blackbird." she paused. "There are... many branches of my family throughout this part of the world. Perhaps they or the orders they are associated with sent this to me. Honestly, I have no real idea. But it does look suspicious doesn't it?"

She glanced at her hand. "Perhaps this Cidadel corresponds with the marking on our hands," she pointed to the single dot that looks like a hole.

GPEKO

First Post
Orillian

"Agreed." is all Orillian answers Tristan before returning his attention to Marisa.

"This bird messager is interesting, since I .. arg .. I mean 'we' discovered that there might be some association between the mark we bare and birds. I guess we should investigate this citadel of Asrer. You seem to know about it. Is it far ?"

kirinke

First Post
Marisa:

Marisa closes her eyes, briefly as she remembers a bit from her lessons. "The citadel is said to arise from one of the demonic planes once a century. As it is a thing associated with hell, it is attracted to spots of great negative energy."

She opened her eyes with a wry smile. "And like many things of great magic, it is not far. Perhaps 20 miles to the north at the most."

"And what do mean? Birds associated with the marks on our hands?" she asked curiously as she finished loading up her mule, making sure the packs are well balanced and that Spice is comfortable. Though using her wild empathy, she gets the standard grumpy feeling of wanting to sleep in from the rather lazy thing. She chuckles and feeds him a bit of dried apple and as she moves towards her warhorse, she also 'treats' Sugar.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases