Oathbound : Homecoming (the gathering) everybody in!

kirinke

First Post
Marisa

"Tristan, it would not be wise to seperate. I believe that Baja is right, our ultimate destination is the same." she indicated her hand and the map. "We are going in the same direction it seems."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan turns back to face Marisa, taking a small pause.

"It is not my intention to seperate in the face of any danger. However, we still don't know what we will find if we follow the map or the marks. I simply suggest that we go find out if there is anything to be worried about, and then discuss what to do about it. If there is a threat, then standing in this clearing discussing it will not help. If you all come with me, then we will not have seperated, and those of us who wish to follow the map may do so, and those that wish to follow the marks may do that. It is all the same to me if they take us to the same place."
With that he resumes his journey, not moving so fast that those who wish couldn't catch up.

kirinke

First Post
Marisa

"Forgive my misunderstanding. Is it agreed then? Should we investigate this map and make sure that the Citadel is no threat?" she asked politely enough.

deadestdai

First Post
So much dialogue had gone between the others and so fast that Baja almost felt left out and quite lost. It wasn't until someone mentioned that there was demons and castles and undeads to fight that he understood and put his-self firmly in the driving seat to head toward the black spot on his hand. Umm. Her hand. Uh.... "Everyone's" hands?

Baja was still a little confused. But he knew some bad stuff needed "sortin'" and he was more than happy to help.

He followed the others, keeping his eyes peeled for any dangers they might come across on the way.

kirinke

First Post
Marisa

Marisa notices Baja's confused, blank look as they start off and during the ride, she explains what they are going to do and why, simply and to the point.

GPEKO

First Post
Orillian

"Oh it's that citadel ! I heard of it in my adventuring days. Nasty place, or so I heard. Devils and undeads ..." He appears lost in thought and terrified for a moment, but only for a moment. He quickly regains his pompous attitude. "Euh, right ! No time to lose. Let's head north. My mark has yet to lead me astray so let's discover if this black dot is also the citadel." He remount his horse and goes with the others.

Along the way, he approaches his two compagnons of the road, Kyron and Julian. "We need to discuss what we're heading to. You're both warrior, right ? It's not that I'm a coward, but I need some 'protection' in a fight to be of any use with my spells. Will you provide it ?"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
(some of you have horses and some don't. Baja has a good shot of keeping up regardless, as does Julian if he wanted to loan out his horse, but are the mounted folks just going to leave the others behind? in other out of character queries, could everyone repost their character sheets (with some clarifications of total skill bonuses in some cases - julian, hint hint) at the end of the talking the talk thread so I have them all in one place?)

The group heads north as the day passes, your pace leaving little room for conversation or getting to know the people you have fallen in with. There is a strange (and in some cases perhaps unwelcome) sense of camaraderi nonetheless - a deep feeling that it is perfectly natural to be traveling with this group and moving to face danger together.

Baja and Marisa:
in the afternoon, you move into a region that looks superficially the same as the woods you have been traveling though, but you notice some differences. The sounds of birdsong, and the rustle of birds flying away as your party sweeps by have abated. On a brief pause to water the horses, you notice that while the woods as a whole looks normal, a close look at an individual tree or plant indicates that it is dying, or perhaps already dead but not yet fully withered. Marisa: this could be a side effect of an area being exposed to a massive amount of negitive energy such as a battle between necromancers or the sponteneous generation of a horde of undead after a massacre.

kirinke

First Post
ooc:

This is where a rouge's gallery character thread would be useful. As we advance, we can update our characters and if you link it to your favorite places, you'll have it handy. if you want... i can set one up. it's pretty simple. &)&.

one of the lighter guys can double with me. We won't be going very fast, hopefully, at least until the next town, where we can buy horses. Unless one of the magickers can call up some rides.....

kirinke

First Post
Marisa:

Marisa bends down, looking at a dead tree, scraping it cautiously. An acrid scent wafts up, making her cough. Rotten. "Baja, look at this. It's not natural. Almost like something rotted it from the inside out." she looked at the surrounding area. Everything, everything felt slightly off, like a bag of overripe apples.

"We're getting close," she murmured, half to herself, half to the others. And for the first time, the others can hear a hint of old fear in her voice and see tension as she grips a scimitar unconsciously, almost as if she expects an attack at any moment.

Last edited:

Remove ads