Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Totes.

One of my first quarrels was with the flashbacks: the de-aging of McGregor and Christensen was, to my eye, as bad as Tarkin's in Rogue One. Book of Boba Fett already proved they can do the de-aging properly via the latest deep fake tech, but this episode just did not deliver on that at all. This wasn't just, "Hey, the valley is uncanny again." This was, "Who the <bleep> is that?? Wait!--that's supposed to be Anakin?! What, were they drunk when they did this CG???" Honestly, I still wonder if perhaps they were.

yeah I didnt recognize him initially either, it was certainly uncanny bad cgi at work - not sure why they didnt just reuse the movie footage

pukunui

Legend
Back during the days of the Old Republic, there was an entire planet of Sith. That "there can only be two" thing used to refer to the Sith Lord and his/her apprentice, not the Sith in general. So just like you can have thousands of Jedi, you can have thousands of Sith.
Yes, but the Inquisitors are not Sith. They have been kept in the dark, so to speak. Once upon a time there were more, but at this point in the timeline, there are only two.

yeah I didnt recognize him initially either, it was certainly uncanny bad cgi at work - not sure why they didnt just reuse the movie footage
I recognized it was Hayden straight away. They just didn’t do a good job scrubbing his wrinkles away. (As an aside, Hayden is less than a month younger than me.)

Also, this wasn’t a scene from the movies, and there isn’t really a comparable one they could have used in its place.

Marc Radle

Legend
I’m confused by the de-aging complaints as well. It was clearly him and honestly I thought everything looked quite good.

Overall I liked the episode a lot and look forward to the last one next week.

I thought Vader was particularly awesome this episode!

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I’m confused by the de-aging complaints as well. It was clearly him and honestly I thought everything looked quite good.

Overall I liked the episode a lot and look forward to the last one next week.

I thought Vader was particularly awesome this episode!
It wasn't bad in a vacuum, but Anakin looked like Ep III Anakin with his EP II haircut. It was odd.

Remove ads