D&D 5E Obojima: Tales from the Tall Grass

My thought is that, at worst, this is going to provide a lot of content that can be repurposed. It wouldn't have occurred to me to have something so glaringly gamist as a vending machine full of adventuring gear, but I can easily think of situations where that would fit in fine, when I'm not trying to have a more "realistic" game world.

I mean, if magic WAS a common thing in a Modern-Day-Earth-like setting, they would totally be putting mystic meal-replacement drinks (that also heal minor wounds) in the Coke machines. Or some lobby somewhere suppressing them into oblivion because leaving people starving is more profitable, somehow.

Anything more than that, though, like selling weapons/traps/rarer potions or actually BUYING your loot, I would make the purview of actual merchants. I could MAYBE see, like, crossbow bolts, rope, or holy water: small, common, consumable. I'm trying to blend the whimsical into the mundane here, not adapt Borderlands to the table (they already did that). Which I presume is what you meant by being "gamist".

darjr

I crit!
How did I miss this thread?

IMG_8123.jpeg

agrayday

Explorer
1.3M today, 11,800 backers.

Dolmenwood is at just over 1M with 7900 backers.
Shadow of the Weird Wizard is at 283K with about 2700 backers.

Steinhardt's Guide to the Eldritch Hunt funded: 2.6M w/ 19,700 backers.
Mothership funded: 1.4M w/ 15,600 backers.
Knave 2E funded: 645K w/11,00 backers.
Shadowdark funded: 1.3M w/13,000 backers.

I didnt tally up Break & Tales of the Valiant, and all the Savage Worlds stuff that was on KS.

Several Free League RPGs coming this year, several video game RPGs coming this year.... its bonkers.

darjr

I crit!
and with +20K backers backers.

Other than Avatar, was there a product with >20K backers?
*I know the MCDM products all had around 20K backers, but RPG wise i believe next closest was The One Ring at like 16K backers.

Avatar Legends had 81,567 backers that pledged $9,535,317
Yea. I wonder if these folks had any idea?

Remove ads