• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OCC] Against the Slavelords PBP

GreenKarl

First Post
General orc perception roll at disadvantage to see if any of them notice the heroes coming towards the cave

[roll0] at disadvantage [roll1]

GreenKarl

First Post
Nope, not for these orcs... they are overconfident and not really paying attention. If you want to sneak into the room you do, and they are at a Disadvantage on their Passive Perceptions (so you need to beat a 4).

Scotley

Hero
[roll0] Kelvyn wants to try and get in to block the far exit. If anybody gets in his way he'll shoot them with his crossbow.

GreenKarl

First Post
You can get to within 12ft and the orcs will be Surprised. I don't have my 5th ed. book here with me so I don't remember if surprised targets can act when they are surprised (like 3rd ed/Pathfinder Surprise Round)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
No, orcs still roll initiative. They just can't act on their turn (lose it, essentially ). There's no surprise round anymore. Once their turn is past, they can take reactions.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads