• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OCC] Against the Slavelords PBP

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 6 (Life)

[sblock=Tirion Cayde]Name: Tirion Cayde
Class and Level: Cleric 6 (Life)
Background: Noble
Race: Variant Human
Alignment: NG - Tirion does his best to help others according to their needs. He has strong Lawful tendencies, which are under strain given the situation back home with his uncle Maledict and his cousin/foster brother Rex. He does not know the truth yet about his uncle.
XP:14,000/23,000

Variant Human Features:
ASI: +1 Str and +1 Wis
Skills: Proficiency in Insight
Feat: Warcaster - Advantage on Concentration saves; perform somatic components with weapon or shield in hand; cast a spell as an opportunity attack

Cleric Features:
Ritual Caster (must have spell prepared)
Domain: Life
Disciple of Life: All healing spells restore an extra 2+spell level hit points
Channel Divinity (2/R):
Turn/Destroy Undead (CR 1/2)
Preserve Life: Heal 5 x Cleric Level (30) hp divided among creatures within 30’, up to half their hp max
Blessed Healer: When you cast a healing spell on another creature, you regain hp 2+spell level

Proficiencies:
Armor: Heavy
Weapons: Simple
Tools: Dragonchess

Noble:
Skill Proficiencies: History, Persuasion
Additional Language: Elven
Equipment: A set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, and a purse containing 25 gp.
Feature: Position of Privilege - Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a noble if you need to.

Personality:
The common people love me for my kindness and generosity.
I try hard to live up to the example left me by my parents.

Ideal:
Noble Obligation. It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me.

Bonds:
My loyalty to my rightful sovereign and cousin Rex is unwavering.

Flaws:
I am secretly in love with my best friend Rex's estranged wife and keep secret from him the moment of weakness we had together. (Love triangle)

STR: 15/19 (+2/+4) Save: +2 (+1 to Str from V. Human)(Gauntlets of Ogre Power)
DEX: 10 (0) Save: 0
CON: 13 (+1) Save: +1
INT: 10 (0) Save: 0
WIS: 18 (+4) Save: +7 (+1 to Wis from V. Human)(+2 Wis from L4 ASI) Proficiency in saves from Cleric class
CHA: 10 (+0) Save: +3 Proficiency in saves from Cleric class

Initiative: 0
HP: 39
Speed: 30
AC: 20
Hit Dice: 6d8
Proficiency Bonus: +3

Languages:
Common, Elven, Dwarven

Skills
Acrobatics (DEX): 0
Animal Handling (WIS): +4
Arcana (INT): 0
Athletics (STR): +2
Deception (CHA): 0
History (INT): +3*
Insight (WIS): +7*
Intimidation (CHA): 0
Investigation (INT): 0
Medicine (WIS): +7*
Nature (INT): 0
Perception (WIS): +4
Performance (CHA): 0
Persuasion (CHA): +3*
Religion: (INT): +3*
Slight of Hand (DEX): 0
Stealth (DEX): 0 (DA Heavy Armor)
Survival (WIS): +4

*Indicates proficiency

Mace: +7 to hit, 1d6+4/B
Javelin: +7 to hit, 1d6+4/P 30’/120’
Handaxe: +7 to hit, 1d6+4/S 20’/60’
Dagger: +7 to hit, 1d4+4/P 20'/60'

Spell attack: +7
Spell DC: 15

Equipment:
Gold: 25 gp
Javelin x3
Healer's kit (10 uses)
Holy Water x5
Acid
Alchemist Fire
Antitoxin
Explorer's pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 rations, waterskin, 50' silk rope)
300 gp diamond (for use with Revivify)
Scroll of Cure Light (L1) x5
Potion of Healing x5 (2d4+2)
Gauntlets of Ogre Power
Mithral plate armor
Shield (w/ Holy Symbol)
Mace
Handaxe
Dagger
Climber's kit
Traveler's clothes (worn)
Holy Symbol amulet (enchanted with continual flame)
Incense and Censer
Vestments
Dragonchess set
Trinket: A mosaic tile w/ multicolored glazed surface (Pelor tile from parents' tomb)

Spells -(R) denotes a spell castable as a ritual:

Cantrips:
Guidance
Mending
Sacred Flame
Thaumaturgy

1st Level:
Domain: Bless
Domain: Cure Wounds
Command
Guiding Bolt
Healing Word

2nd Level:
Domain: Lesser Restoration
Domain: Spiritual Weapon
Blindness/Deafness
Hold Person
Prayer of Healing
Silence (R)

3rd Level:
Domain: Beacon of Hope
Domain: Revivify
Dispel Magic
Mass Healing Word
Spirit Guardians
[/sblock]

r9qvzo.jpg

[sblock=Appearance]

Tirion is tall and broad-shouldered, radiating strength and confidence and the inner fires of conviction. His skin is tanned from his travels, though not yet weathered. He is of the typical mixed stock of most of Furyondy with black hair and blue eyes with a strong jaw.

The mithral armor he inherited from his father is plated in brass and highly shined, as is his mace, inherited from his mother. Both he keeps in good condition. The holy symbol of Pelor he inherited from his mother is enchanted with a continual flame spell and hangs around his neck or tucked inside his armor if not needed. His shield, also inherited from his father, also has a holy symbol, though for this mission he has carefully covered his shield with black goat hide. Over his armor he wears a simple woolen cloak that can clasp in front to look like robes.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]

Tirion Cayde's father was a paladin of Pelor, and his mother was a cleric of the sun god, the sister of Duke Benedict of Gilead, a minor duchy in the Kingdom of Furyody. When both his parents were killed in an undead scourge, Tiron was taken into the ducal household and raised as a son alongside the Duke's heir, Rex. Tirion followed in his parents' footsteps and dedicated himself to Pelor as a cleric. With the untimely (some speculate suspicious, but those are just unsubstantiated rumors...right?) death of the duke, the duke's younger brother Maledict convinced the duke's advisors into a political coup, removing the rakish and ne'er-do-well Rex and placing the Maledict on the throne. Rex immediately started a rebellion against his uncle, fleeing to the forest. Tirion supported the rightful claim of his cousin, perhaps a bit too vocally. His superiors in the church were afraid the new duke, never an ardent supporter of the faith, would punish the temple. For his own safety and theirs, it was "suggested" that Tirion should go on a traveling missionary journey. Preferably far from the duchy. Tirion eventually ended up in the Free City of Greyhawk when the depredations of the Slave Lords were at their height, and was recruited to accompany the adventurers in their expedition.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Personality]

Tirion is dedicated to justice and protecting those in need. He feels strongly that his obligation as a member of the nobility is to the benefit of the people to whom he is responsible. Compassionate, he can also work up a righteous anger toward injustice. He is constantly seeking to live up to the example of his dead parents, to be seen worthy of being the son of such heroes. He has recently been plagued by torn loyalties. He respects the lawful authority of Duke Maledict, but feels the man unfairly stole the throne from the rightful heir, Tirion’s cousin Rex. And he is torn by the secret affair he had with Catrin, Rex’s estranged wife, and his feelings now that Rex has returned to her in the forests of their home in his rebellion against his uncle. He longs to return home to aid Rex, but fears his presence may complicate things, for Rex, for Catrin, and for his church.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Greetings, all! I'm the one who contact GreenKarl about joining. I don't have time to neaten up Quellathe's info into sections as KahlessNestor did, as I'm off to a continuing ed event in just a few minutes. I should have wifi there, though, and be able to check in every day, and hopefully be able to come back and neaten up the info at some point. The Background is sketchy because I don't know anything about Greyhawk, particularly not geography.Name: Quellathe MeliamneClass and Level: Ranger (Beast Master) 6Background: OutlanderRace: ElfAlignment: CGXP: ?Initiative: +3HP: 46AC: 15Speed: 30Hit Dice: 6 d10Proficiency Bonus: +3STR: 10 (+0) Save: +3DEX: 17 (+3) [includes +2 from High Elf] Save: +6CON: 12 (+1)INT: 12 (+1)WIS: 15 (+2)CHA: 8 (-1)Languages:Common, Elven, Sylvan, Orc, GoblinSkillsAcrobatics (DEX): +3Animal Handling (WIS):* +5Athletics (STR): * +3Arcana (INT): +1Deception (CHA): -1History (INT): +1Insight (WIS): +2Intimidation (CHA): -1Investigation (INT): +1Medicine (WIS): +2Nature (INT): *+ 4Perception (WIS):* +5Performance (CHA): -1Persuasion (CHA): -1Religion: (INT): +1Slight of Hand (DEX): +3Stealth (DEX): * +6Survival (WIS):* +5*Indicates proficiencyFeatures/Feats (from ranger class unless otherwise noted): Favored enemy (Orcs, Gnolls, Goblins, Hobgoblins) Natural explorer (Forest, grassland) Fighting Style: Archery (+2 to attack rolls with ranged weapons) Primeval Awareness (spell slot to sense types of creatures 1mile radius; 6 in FT) Extra Attack Beast Companion: Naeris (Panther) Wanderer (from background) Healer (feat instead of level 4 ASI): use healer’s kit to: 1)stabilize and return to 1HP; 2) restore HP: 1d6+4+ creature’s max HD) Darkvision 60ft Fey Ancestry (adv. vs. charm, immune to sleep) Trance instead of sleepProficiencies Simple & Martial Weapons Light & Medium armor, shields Bird pipes Personality: I feel far more comfortable around animals than peopleIdeal: We should honor and respect the creatures of the wilds.Bond: An injury to my wilderness home is an injury to meFlaw: I have a heart for wounded animals and will go out of my way to help/heal them.Weapons & Armor Long bow +6 to hit, 1d8+3 piercing 2 scimitars +6 to hit, 1d8+3 slashing (1d8 with second hand) 2 daggers +6 to hit 1d4+3 piercing (1d4 with second hand) Net (+6?) Studded Leather armorEquipment: A staff, Backpack, traveler’s clothes the paw of a rabbit I couldn’t save bedroll, mess kit, waterskin, tinderbox, 10 torches 10 days rations 50 ft rope Healer’s Kit x2 (20 uses total) Whetstone Shovel Spyglass (if allowed) Consumable Magic Items (“bought” with 500 gp) Potion of Healing (x 3) Dust of Disappearance (x2) Spell Scrolls: Animal Friendship, Detect Poison and Disease, Speak with Animals (x2), Fog CloudKnown Spells (Spell Save DC is 13; Spell Attack Bonus +5)Cantrip: (From High Elf/Grey elf heritage)Booming Blade (2d8 thunder damage + damage of attack; additional 2d8 if creature willingly moves)1st Level: Hunter’s Mark Speak with Animals Hail of Thorns2nd Level: Beast Sense Possible Magic Items Bag of Tricks (gray by preference) Boots of Elvenkind or Cloak of Elvenkind Quiver of Elhonna Bracers of Archery Weapon of Warning (a bow)NaerisPantherHP: 24AC: 15 (12+prof bonus)Speed: 50 ft; climb 40 ftProficiency Bonus: +3STR: 14 (+2)DEX: 15 (+2)CON: 10 (+0)INT: 3 (-4)WIS: 14 (+2)CHA: 7 (-2)Skills: Perception +7 (+4 + prof bonus); Stealth +9 (+6 + prof bonus)Senses: Passive Perception 17 (inc. prof. Bonus)Keen Smell: adv. On Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smellPounce: DC 12 Strength save to avoid being knocked prone if hit with a claw attack when panther has moved at least 20 feet straight toward target to attack. If knocked prone, panther can take a bonus action to make a bit attack against the targetBite: +7 to hit, reach 5ft, 1d6+5 piercingClaw: +7 to hit, reach 5ft, 1d4+5 slashingBackground for Quellathe: Quellathe was born into the elven community of _________. Early on she learned she was more comfortable with--and better understood by--animals than people. She was, nevertheless, devoted to her people and became one of the scouts who patrolled the borders of her people's land and protected them from orcs, gnolls, and goblinoids. Over the last few years, the enemies of her people have become more organized, with a wider, nefarious purpose. And some members of her community who left to visit other communities have never returned. Quellathe and her companion Naeris set out in search to learn more about both threats, which led to her connection with Hakan.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Greetings, all! I'm the one who contact GreenKarl about joining. I don't have time to neaten up Quellathe's info into sections as KahlessNestor did, as I'm off to a continuing ed event in just a few minutes. I should have wifi there, though, and be able to check in every day, and hopefully be able to come back and neaten up the info at some point. The Background is sketchy because I don't know anything about Greyhawk, particularly not geography.

Name: Quellathe Meliamne
Class and Level: Ranger (Beast Master) 6
Background: Outlander
Race: Elf
Alignment: CG
XP: ?
Initiative: +3
HP: 46
AC: 15
Speed: 30
Hit Dice: 6 d10

STR:10 (+0) Save: +3
DEX:17 (+3) [includes +2 from High Elf] Save: +6
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 15 (+2)
CHA: 8 (-1)

Languages:
Common, Elven, Sylvan, Orc, Goblin

Skills
Acrobatics (DEX): +3
Animal Handling (WIS):* +5
Athletics (STR): * +3
Arcana (INT): +1
Deception (CHA): -1
History (INT): +1
Insight (WIS): +2
Intimidation (CHA): -1
Investigation (INT): +1
Medicine (WIS): +2
Nature (INT): *+ 4
Perception (WIS):* +5
Performance (CHA): -1
Persuasion (CHA): -1
Religion: (INT): +1
Slight of Hand (DEX): +3
Stealth (DEX): * +6
Survival (WIS):* +5

*Indicates proficiency
Features/Feats (from ranger class unless otherwise noted):
Favored enemy (Orcs, Gnolls, Goblins, Hobgoblins)
Natural explorer (Forest, grassland)
Fighting Style: Archery (+2 to attack rolls with ranged weapons)
Primeval Awareness (spell slot to sense types of creatures 1mile radius; 6 in FT)
Extra Attack
Beast Companion: Naeris (Panther)
Wanderer (from background)
Healer (feat instead of level 4 ASI): use healer’s kit to: 1)stabilize and return to 1HP; 2) restore HP: 1d6+4+ creature’s max HD)
Darkvision 60ft
Fey Ancestry (adv. vs. charm, immune to sleep)
Trance instead of sleep

Proficiencies
Simple & Martial Weapons
Light & Medium armor, shields
Bird pipes

Personality: I feel far more comfortable around animals than people

Ideal: We should honor and respect the creatures of the wilds.

Bond: An injury to my wilderness home is an injury to me

Flaw: I have a heart for wounded animals and will go out of my way to help/heal them.

Weapons & Armor
Long bow +6 to hit, 1d8+3 piercing
2 scimitars +6 to hit, 1d8+3 slashing (1d8 with second hand)
2 daggers +6 to hit 1d4+3 piercing (1d4 with second hand)
Net (+6?)
Studded Leather armor

Equipment:
A staff, Backpack, traveler’s clothes
the paw of a rabbit I couldn’t save
bedroll, mess kit, waterskin, tinderbox,
10 torches
10 days rations
50 ft rope
Healer’s Kit x2 (20 uses total)
Whetstone
Shovel
Spyglass (if allowed)
Consumable Magic Items (“bought” with 500 gp)
Potion of Healing (x 3)
Dust of Disappearance (x2)
Spell Scrolls: Animal Friendship, Detect Poison and Disease, Speak with Animals (x2), Fog Cloud

Known Spells (Spell Save DC is 13; Spell Attack Bonus +5)

Cantrip: (From High Elf/Grey elf heritage)
Booming Blade (2d8 thunder damage + damage of attack; additional 2d8 if creature willingly moves)

1st Level:
Hunter’s Mark
Speak with Animals
Hail of Thorns

2nd Level:
Beast Sense

Possible Magic Items
Bag of Tricks (gray by preference)
Boots of Elvenkind or Cloak of Elvenkind
Quiver of Elhonna
Bracers of Archery
Weapon of Warning (a bow)

Naeris
Panther
HP: 24
AC: 15 (12+prof bonus)
Speed: 50 ft; climb 40 ft

STR:14 (+2)
DEX:15 (+2)
CON: 10 (+0)
INT: 3 (-4)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 7 (-2)

Skills: Perception +7 (+4 + prof bonus); Stealth +9 (+6 + prof bonus)
Senses: Passive Perception 17 (inc. prof. Bonus)

Keen Smell: adv. On Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell

Pounce: DC 12 Strength save to avoid being knocked prone if hit with a claw attack when panther has moved at least 20 feet straight toward target to attack. If knocked prone, panther can take a bonus action to make a bit attack against the target

Bite: +7 to hit, reach 5ft, 1d6+5 piercing
Claw: +7 to hit, reach 5ft, 1d4+5 slashing

Background for Quellathe: Quellathe was born into the elven community of _________. Early on she learned she was more comfortable with--and better understood by--animals than people. She was, nevertheless, devoted to her people and became one of the scouts who patrolled the borders of her people's land and protected them from orcs, gnolls, and goblinoids. Over the last few years, the enemies of her people have become more organized, with a wider, nefarious purpose. And some members of her community who left to visit other communities have never returned. Quellathe and her companion Naeris set out in search to learn more about both threats, which led to her connection with Hakan.
There's a pdf upthread for some Greyhawk info. Fan setting guide, and not too long as far as such things go. Background hasn't come up too much. Welcome aboard!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Oops! Trying to edit my post above messed up the formatting. Sorry about that. I'll try to find time to dig out my laptop tomorrow and fix it. I decided that Quellathe is from a community in Celene near the Pomarj.

Scotley

Hero
I kind of wanted to see what [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION] thought also but I know he said he was busy a couple of days ago.

I guess I am going to go ahead start a re-recruitment thread. Should I create a separate thread do you think or just edit the title of this one?

Hey sorry for vanishing like that. I had a crazy week last week and then I started this week off with having my car hit on the way to work early Monday morning. Dealing with that has been a real hassle. At least no one was injured. I'm up for some new blood and eager to keep playing. And going up to 6th level and getting magical toys!!!

GreenKarl

First Post
Kewl. I am going to start a Rogue's Gallery for this game as it will be easier for me to find your characters going forward. I am still dealing with my move from this weekend but I should have the first new post by Friday...

GreenKarl

First Post
OK added a Rogue's Gallery

Please report your 6th level characters there. Also ArwensDaughter you can pick any two of the magic items you have listed for your character.

Everyone is also going to start with 2 Inspiration Points for the start of the game.

Remove ads