D&D 5E Odd character creations

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
Can't say that I'm familiar with what you speak of.

Fighter level 1 for heavy armor, con save proficiency, and fighting style then go warlock for the rest choosing pact of the blade so that you will have two attacks a round after level 6. Use the fiendish pact but re-skin (re-flavor, re-fluff, etc) it as a pact with an angel of wrath. Basically you use all of the mechanical parts of the fiendish pact but the in-game story is that everything is angelic. Perhaps it was restricted to coming down and doing what needed to be done so it invested a mortal to be it's agent in the world. Wrath is very similar to vengeance, but not the same thing.

dewderino

First Post
Fighter level 1 for heavy armor, con save proficiency, and fighting style then go warlock for the rest choosing pact of the blade so that you will have two attacks a round after level 6. Use the fiendish pact but re-skin (re-flavor, re-fluff, etc) it as a pact with an angel of wrath. Basically you use all of the mechanical parts of the fiendish pact but the in-game story is that everything is angelic. Perhaps it was restricted to coming down and doing what needed to be done so it invested a mortal to be it's agent in the world. Wrath is very similar to vengeance, but not the same thing.
I'd like to write one up. Definitely sounds interesting for sure. I appreciate your pointing that one out. Now to figure out how to build it decent enough in less than a hour with level 1 stats of 16 14 13 12 11 10

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
I'd like to write one up. Definitely sounds interesting for sure. I appreciate your pointing that one out. Now to figure out how to build it decent enough in less than a hour with level 1 stats of 16 14 13 12 11 10

Quick recommendation would be 16 Str, 14 Cha, 13 Con, 12 Dex, 11 Wis, 10 Int

Pick whatever weapon style goes with what you are looking for (2h, duelist etc.) then, at level one at least, your mostly just proving yourself worthy of the powers (since you're only a fighter). At level 2 you switch over to warlock and stick with that until the end. Pick up Pact of the blade at level 4 (warlock 3) for an always available magic weapon (Divine weapon) and level 6 (Warlock 5) pick up thirsting blade. Grab some of the cantrips from the new SCAG if you can. Otherwise pick up eldritch blast and re-flavor it as your weapon transforms into a golden bow for a moment or that you fire energy bolts from your sword if you want.

I recommend hex and armor of agathys as good 1st level spells.

dewderino

First Post
Quick recommendation would be 16 Str, 14 Cha, 13 Con, 12 Dex, 11 Wis, 10 Int

Pick whatever weapon style goes with what you are looking for (2h, duelist etc.) then, at level one at least, your mostly just proving yourself worthy of the powers (since you're only a fighter). At level 2 you switch over to warlock and stick with that until the end. Pick up Pact of the blade at level 4 (warlock 3) for an always available magic weapon (Divine weapon) and level 6 (Warlock 5) pick up thirsting blade. Grab some of the cantrips from the new SCAG if you can. Otherwise pick up eldritch blast and re-flavor it as your weapon transforms into a golden bow for a moment or that you fire energy bolts from your sword if you want.

I recommend hex and armor of agathys as good 1st level spells.
I appreciate the help.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
- Wood Elf Monk, after a few levels "Run like the wind, Bulls-eye" and Dash all the way off the far side of the map.
- Halfling Barbarian, optimized for grappling, and ask the enemy leader if he wants to wrassle ?
- Forest Gnome Wizard with Illusion specialty; tell everybody the Elf did it.
- Wood Elf (again) Rogue who is an information collector, lifetime goal to become Jabba the Hutt.
- Dragonborn Barbarian / Fighter, toughest guy on the planet.
- Half-elf Bard (mechanically) Truenamer, speaks the language of creation - and can mess you up by changing reality around you as you watch.
- High Elf Ranger, teach Aragorn how to move across country without being noticed.
- (my AL character) Wild Elf Monk / Rogue, steal anything not nailed down when I attain Arcane Trickster and Way of the Open Hand.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
d% Race
1-5 Dragonborn
6-13 Dwarf, hill
14-20 Dwarf, mountain
16-18 Elf, dark
19-24 Elf, high
25-30 Elf, wood
31-35 Half-Elf
36-40 Half-Orc
41-48 Halfling, lightfoot
49-55 Halfling, stout
56-75 Human, normal
76-85 Human, variant
86-90 Gnome, forest
91-95 Gnome, rock
95-100 Tiefling

d% Background
1-5 Acolyte
6-10 Charlatan
11-15 Criminal
16-20 Criminal: Spy
21-25 Entertainer
26-30 Entertainer: Gladiator
31-35 Folk Hero
36-40 Guild Artisan
41-45 Guild Artisan: Guild Merchant
46-50 Hermit
51-55 Noble
56-60 Noble: Knight
61-65 Outlander
66-70 Sage
71-75 Sailor
76-80 Sailor: Pirate
81-85 Soldier
86-90 Urchin
91-100 Roll twice and combine them!

d% Class
1-4 Barbarian, berserker
5-8 Barbarian, totem warrior
9-12 Bard, lore
13-16 Bard, valor
17 Cleric, knowledge
18-19 Cleric, life
20 Cleric, light
21 Cleric, nature
22 Cleric, tempest
23 Cleric, trickery
24 Cleric, war
25-28 Druid, land
29-32 Druid, moon
33-35 Fighter, battlemaster
36-38 Fighter, champion
39-40 Fighter, eldritch knight
41-42 Monk, four elements
43-45 Monk, open hand
46-48 Monk, shadow
49-50 Paladin, ancients
51-53 Paladin, devotion
54-56 Paladin, vengeance
57-60 Ranger, beastmaster
61-64 Ranger, hunter
65-66 Rogue, arcane trickster
67-69 Rogue, assassin
71-72 Rogue, thief
73-76 Sorcerer, draconic
77-80 Sorcerer, wild
81-82 Warlock, archfey
83-85 Warlock, fiend
86-88 Warlock, great old one
89 Wizard, abjuration
90 Wizard, conjuration
91 Wizard, divination
92 Wizard, enchantment
93 Wizard, evocation
94 Wizard, illusion
95 Wizard, necromancy
96 Wizard, transmutation
97-100 Roll twice and multiclass!

According to my Dice of Divination, you are playing a (45) lightfood halfling (41) guild merchant (19) life cleric. His name is "Big Pharma."

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Oh, wow. I just rolled up a (81) variant human (95) (53) noble (27) gladiator (95) necromancer wizard!

That's way more interesting than the (12) hill dwarf (47) hermit (5) totem barbarian, or the (22) high elf (87) urchin (25) land druid, or the (55) stout halfling (51) noble (65) arcane trickster rogue. Those concepts all make too much sense.

This is too much fun. I've created a monster.

ccs

41st lv DM
Now, you may go to great lengths to make your game world some childish G-rated affair with simple morals and simple answers and clear solutions to everything. You have probably never required your players to make a hard decision.
Yours probably isn't the game where after brutalizing every Goblin in their way as they opportunistically sack this "dungeon" they came across, they open a door and find the nursery filled with small children and babies and realize they are now in the position where they either need to choose to kill them all here and now, leave them to starve to death as you have taken the life of nearly every adult in the tribe and scattered the rest or undertake the arduous task of somehow transporting them somewhere safe to be raised knowing that they will probably just be killed off as vermin or abused if you deliver them to your own peoples.
You probably never presented the opportunity to your players the opportunity to stop the Orcs by preemptively attacking their homes, slaughtering their farmers and burning their farms and food supplies down thus starving their entire tribes, including the noncombatants and peaceful ones.
Likely you never had that hook where there was going to be an assassination on a king which would certainly lead to chaos and war and your players caught a Drow who knew when, how and where it was going to happen and thus could likely only find out by brutalizing, torturing and mutilating her beyond what even a Drow would expect in order to get her to give up the information before the attack happens and have a chance to stop it (or at least use psychic powers and magic to mentally violate her into giving up the info).
Or maybe just the case where you have beaten a group of enemies and they have surrendered and you have the opportunity to execute them now... well knowing that the last three times you spared anyone, they came back later and did far more harm to you and you can be pretty certain these ones will do harm to you and maybe even kill one of your party if allowed to live and regroup and rearm themselves and set up an ambush or if you drag them along and they get free of their chains while you are asleep.... not that you even really have a place to bring them even if you chained them and took them with you.

Or if these sorts of situations came up, you probably hand-waved it and decided it wasn't evil so long as you were doing it to your current enemies-- especially if they were "monsters". Which is just cheating and displays some of the ugliest aspects of humanity.

And further twisting everything from its logical and rational conclusions in order to enforce your own morality onto the game rather than having various actions is just something not every DM would stoop to. Most DMs are quite willing to let actions result in the sort of things they would realistically result in without some outside moral force trying to punish people for doing things the "wrong way".

Gee, you make it sound like it's a bad thing to exclude this real life poop from our games....

Azurewraith

Explorer
simple solution kill the assassin in their sleep and every other evil pc they make. Get the entire group of pcs on board and make it a group effort this lets them know your not happy with their character limiting everyone in their choices and being that guy. If your playing a standard campaign which generally doesn't fit.

Remove ads