90 Wizard, conjuration
91 Wizard, divination
92 Wizard, enchantment
93 Wizard, evocation
94 Wizard, illusion
95 Wizard, necromancy
96 Wizard, transmutation
97-100 Roll twice and multiclass!

According to my Dice of Divination, you are playing a (45) lightfood halfling (41) guild merchant (19) life cleric. His name is "Big Pharma."
I like it. I ended up with a Halfling Stout battlerager barbarian. And the dice loved me. Started at level 3. With my modifiers I ended up with this : Str 16 Dex 15 Con 16 Int 13 Wis 12 Chs 9. AC 17 Hp 36. I'm 3'2 42lbs. My story is pretty much ironed out. I doubt folks want me being long winded. But I must say that this character is going to be a blast role-playing and in combat. While path of the totem warrior would have made more sense and yielded me higher ac, the battlerager has a storyline which explains his path. He's small enough that strong members may now throw him as a projectile weapon into crowds, or onto certain targets. His chaotic neutral demeanor is a prime example of a small body big character. He's always up for a scrap and strikes without fear. His size may be a joke and underestimating him isn't a wise decision as he's a ball of Tasmanian devil like fury.

Last edited:

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
According to my Dice of Divination, you are playing a (45) lightfood halfling (41) guild merchant (19) life cleric. His name is "Big Pharma."

With that name, stay away from the Healer Feat or Healing Kits.

You're going to want Alchemy!:p

He comes from the Pfizer clan, and specializes in little, blue "healing" potions.

MG.0

First Post
I'd like to build a paladin but the group has a ne rogue assassin which prevents this from happening.

You can mix any combination of alignments in a party if you follow two rules:

1) Players before characters. Do not use your character as an excuse to make other players or the DM miserable. Insist on the same treatment from others. Avoid games where people refuse this basic rule.

2) Use your imagination. People are complicated and all alignments can coexist, easily. Perhaps you have a lawful good Paladin who has known the assassin since childhood and has a 'blind spot' where he is concerned..unable to see the person he truly is (example: Caramon toward his brother Raistlin, from Dragonlance). Or perhaps the Paladin simply sees a chance for redemption for the assassin. It can work if it is not played to annoy the assassin's player. Perhaps the assassin isn't even overtly evil. Some evil only manifests in specific circumstances (again see Raistlin, he is evil when push comes to shove, but he isn't immune to helping others or feeling sympathy.)

Edit:
In my long experience as DM, any problems with combinations of alignment, class, race etc. boils down to a violation of one of the two rules above. Either someone is failing to be considerate of their fellow players, or someone isn't putting their imagination to work. Sometimes it's both.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
He comes from the Pfizer clan, and specializes in little, blue "healing" potions.
... which make you quite a hit with the ladies, if the snake-oil-salesman's spiel is to be believed.
(But he won't tell you that mixing this pill and alcohol in your system together is a BIG MISTAKE.)

In 4e, I designed a complex Skill Challenge that began with a trap: a bottle full of little blue pills, placed prominently in a medicine cabinet, labelled "Extra-ordinary Masculinity".
The effect caused was the opposite of what the eater might expect. The antidote for this poison was to consume a large meal of aphrodisiacs - think Man vs. Food challenge.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
You can mix any combination of alignments in a party if you follow two rules:

1) Players before characters. Do not use your character as an excuse to make other players or the DM miserable. Insist on the same treatment from others. Avoid games where people refuse this basic rule.

2) Use your imagination. People are complicated and all alignments can coexist, easily. Perhaps you have a lawful good Paladin who has known the assassin since childhood and has a 'blind spot' where he is concerned..unable to see the person he truly is (example: Caramon toward his brother Raistlin, from Dragonlance). Or perhaps the Paladin simply sees a chance for redemption for the assassin. It can work if it is not played to annoy the assassin's player. Perhaps the assassin isn't even overtly evil. Some evil only manifests in specific circumstances (again see Raistlin, he is evil when push comes to shove, but he isn't immune to helping others or feeling sympathy.)

Edit:
In my long experience as DM, any problems with combinations of alignment, class, race etc. boils down to a violation of one of the two rules above. Either someone is failing to be considerate of their fellow players, or someone isn't putting their imagination to work. Sometimes it's both.

Those are actually great guidelines for collaborative play in general!

Remove ads