Odd things about superheroes...

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
it's his superpower.
Gah. How unimaginative and banal.

Were I in a comic book world, I suppose I would become an 'institutional villain' (not a super-villain). I'd keep inviting superheroes over to my medical clinic for 'just a few tests'. You know - CAT scan, MRI, thermal imaging, electron microscope, biopsy, poke them with needles, that sort of thing.
If somebody gets prickly about it, I could use my connections and 'rat him out' to the EPA (anybody who shoots energy blasts), FAA (anybody who flies), Civil Rights (any mind-reader) or some other regulatory agency that will hassle him for the next 20 issues - unless he agrees to take the tests I offered in the first place.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Gah. How unimaginative and banal.

Were I in a comic book world, I suppose I would become an 'institutional villain' (not a super-villain). I'd keep inviting superheroes over to my medical clinic for 'just a few tests'. You know - CAT scan, MRI, thermal imaging, electron microscope, biopsy, poke them with needles, that sort of thing.
If somebody gets prickly about it, I could use my connections and 'rat him out' to the EPA (anybody who shoots energy blasts), FAA (anybody who flies), Civil Rights (any mind-reader) or some other regulatory agency that will hassle him for the next 20 issues - unless he agrees to take the tests I offered in the first place.

Supervillain name: Dr. Nuisance.

Of course, raining on your parade*:

1) not the EPA, you want the ATF, FBI and state & local police agencies for discharging firearms or using explosives
2) the FAA only has jurisdiction over aircraft & flying devices; natural aviators would be immune
3) not sure you could nail the mind Readers like that. Plus, at least one would know your intent as soon as you formed it, and might take steps...

* 'cause I'm a lawyer

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
not the EPA, you want the ATF, FBI and state & local police agencies for discharging firearms or using explosives
I'm going after the pollution aspect - discharges, residues, damaging pre-1970s buildings with asbestos in the walls, &c.
But sure, I'll pile on the other agencies too!

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Another question:

Why do all the psychics and mind-readers show up in / near NYC or other places with millions of people thinking thoughts constantly - imagine the overwhelming racket!
Professor X never visits Ghost Town WY (Population 13) for some peace and quiet.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Johnny Storm eats bean burritos. They begin to process..... Flame on! Great Fireballs !!!!!!!!!!
Does he get a one-shot-only boost to his Fly speed out of it?
Can he carefully time himself so as to blast down a wall (well maybe a cubicle partition)?
"Listen, Reed. Do you hear Morse Code?"

4176563-ll63.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Saw this commercial:
[video=youtube;C__7RqnBiws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C__7RqnBiws&sns=em[/video]

Immediately thought of Alicia Masters and Ben Grimm...

You're thinking of Plastic Man, Elastic Lad, and Mr. Fantastic again, aren't you? Metamorpho, perhaps?

Sounds like a challenge. Best lover.... shape changers are up there. telepaths are up there. illusionists are okay. But what about Daredevil. Increased sense of touch and hearing. Would how to time certain...... ah.... hi gramma

Bruce Banner gets excitable when..... hi Gramma.... no.... just on EN World :) and Hulks up. Poor woman.

Thor hammer time jokes

Thing..... so many junk jokes........

Anyhow..... pushing my luck with Gramma..... dirty ol' lady watches my every move.....

Remove ads