Of Vile Darkness

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Rogue/Corruptor/Bondblade)

*Loviana grimaces in pain and lets out a soft cry, something unusual for someone so dedicated to the Maiden of Pain, but she know that Loviatar does not accept nor give mercy so she continues to swing her beloved Skada.*

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
As the his claws strike, greenish light from you flows into him, the viscous wounds you have delivered seems to lessen and close, though still visible

[OOC:HP: 135 AC:24 sorry I forgot about that aspect of Energy Draining (5hp/energy level to the inflictor]

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Loviana, you dance in and swing Skada savagely, scoring another hit on the strange man, even through your weakness. Her barbs lash his skin, aggrevating the closing wounds.*

*Aekir ducks in, his hands clawing deep and ripping the girl deeply, drawing in more of her soul's energy. Loviana, as all goes dark, you flesh fading into terrible pain and coldness, you see the shadow of the Scourge coming over you, the mark of Loviatar, before all descends into blackness. Aekir, your victim is now completely incapacitated, and Ssessarina is now on her feet, swaying slightly.*

[OOC - Aekir, you take another 12 points of damage, and Loviana, Skada gains another blood point. Aekir, I assume he would continue to press as long as there's a threat. He hits will his first attack, dropping Loviana to -6, with -6 levels to book. Loviana is now very unconscious.]

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
Aekir, Male Earth Genasi, Ranger/Fighter/Soul Eater

[OOC: Did I drain her completely? By my calculations he is at 128 HP, the hit points over 110 will fade in an hours time]

*Aekir watches the woman fall in a heap. He begins to reach down to pick her up, but catches a hint of movement beyond his dark vision.*

Damn, too late.

*He moves swiftly over to Ssesserina., replacing his gloves.*

"It is me." he says softly in his deep gravelly voice.

*He picks he up, cradling her in his arms almost gently.*

*He will travel over roof tops where he can, alley ways where he can't until they are far enough away that finding them through non-magic means without an army would be difficult. He sets them down in a dank alley way not too far from the Hydra's Glass.*

"Who was the bait?"

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
[OOC - Oh yeah you drained her completely, you drained a total of 11 levels, and she only had 10.]

"Bait. The girl... I don't know who she was, but it wouldn't hurt to find out. Damn, just get me in the back door of the Hydra and get someone to find Wode. There's a priest that helps the likes of us," she mutters, her teeth bared somewhat in anger.

Wrahn

First Post
Aekir Ranger/Fighter/Soul Eater

Perhaps it was coincidence, perhaps not. If it was an ambush for me, then it was foiled by her blindness, from the lack of numbers I would assume she was acting alone. We will see where this takes us.

*He helps Ssessarina to her feet, taking her hand and placing it on his shoulder.*

"We are close, I will lead you."

*He then follows the back streets as much as possible to the rear entrance to the Hydra's Glass.*

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Ralam, by the next evening you have a message that your payment has been deposited in your account at Eldorma's Goldhouse, a reputable moneychanger that does a lot of work for the Guild. After cleaning yourself up, you end up Lady Arvnos' home, where she has laid out an exquisite brunch of elegant finger foods, roast peacock, and even a small marzipan castle for desert. You've felt somewhat unsettled all day, and after a look in the mirror you've discovered that you have some very faint burn marks where the captain touched you. They're only noticeable up close, and a dab of concealing make-up from a disguise kit takes care of them.*

"Do try the ladyfingers, dearest, my poor cook has been laboring all day over them!" the Lady gushes in her usual chatter. She'll continue on talking about inconsequentials until you're ready to broach whatever topic you desire.

*Torr, the next morning a neat package of golden trade bars, twenty of them each worth one hundred each, arrived by bonded messenger to your home. Locking them inside your strongbox, you feel rather justified in lounging this day. Much later in the afternoon, however, you receive a rather elaborate letter.*

My Lord Torr,

It has come to my attention that one such as yourself should not have to languish in your home when there are many in this city dying to meet you! I am throwing a most splendid party for the "little known" nobles of this city and your reputation leads be to believe that you would be most welcome here. I have several lovely daughters that will be entertaining the guests all evening with fine music, poetry, and dancing. In addition we have a troupe of most excellent acrobats for your amusement. I pray that you will accept this invitation with joy. We will be meeting in the gardens of my home on Fifthday of this week.

By my hand and seal,
~Lord Tellion Vestacha
Vestacha Manor, Silver Crown Way
*You know of Vestacha, he's the brother of a High noble lord with an insatiable appetite for the new and exciting. However, this invitation is a little more peculiar than most, particularly because you are not listed in any roles of nobility. Vestacha may be a hedonist, but he's not a complete idiot. This is quite curious indeed.*

Rybaer

First Post
Lord Torr Stormrider - human weretiger/rogue/fighter

*Torr considers Vestacha's invitation as he sits behind the seldom used desk in his study.*

What do you think, my dear? Torr mentally asks his symbiont.

Need I really answer that? she replies.

Of course not, he says. 'Where there are people, there is sustenance. Where there are nobles with their intrigues, there is feasting.'

"Rosalyn!" Torr calls. His housekeeper arrives moments later.

"Yes, Lord," she says from before the desk.

"Fetch me a courier," he says. "A good one. And after that, contact my tailor and tell him that I will be there in the morning to be fitted for new clothes...something suitable for a party."

"Right away, my Lord," she says, curtseying and turning to leave.

I wish to eat well tonight, Stormrider whispers to Torr. I think we should play with your 'project' tonight.

*Torr always knew what sort of mood Stormrider was in; what manner of emotions she desired to feed upon.*

"Rosalyn," he calls out. "One more thing."

"Yes?" she says, turning back to him.

"Please stop by Madam Gloria's and have her send over her three finest ladies for tonight," Torr says. He keeps a straight face while watching Rosalyn try to contain her humiliating flush. He pushes a small purse across the desk in her direction. "Pay the Madam whatever she demands, then keep the rest for yourself."

"Yes, yes, my Lord," Rosalyn barely manages to squeak out.

*Stormrider shudders in pleasure and feasts on the poor girl's emotional turmoil until she has departed the house. Torr pulls out a sheet of paper, quill, and ink and sets about writing his reply to Lord Vestacha.

My, my, she was actually in tears by the time she left, Stormrider says. You will require Rosalyn to sit on a chair in the corner of your room tonight. Tell her that she must remain in case you have immediate need of her. The emotions she will go through watching you with those whores should be oh so delicious.

"Yes, yes," Torr says, out loud this time. "Now, do you mind helping me write this?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Loviana, you awake an undetermined amount of time later. Curiously your pain is almost entirely gone, and you don't feel the coldness that came over you before you fell. You blink, and see the concerned face of Orshallan above you.*

"Thank Heironeous, you've awakened," he says with a gentle smile. "My dear, you were greviously injured in the alley. Lady Felsadora thought she heard something and went to investigate, only to find you injured and bleeding, nearly dead. Your spirit, too, was wounded deeply, and she sent for me. I was afraid that nothing less than a miracle would bring you back, so fragmented was your soul. Heironeous answered my prayers, and you are now whole again. Tell me, Larissa, who was it that attacked you? We guessed that it was someone who used that scourge on you, someone who could also drain the soul," Orshallan says, his eyes filled with fear for you, anger at who did this to you, and worry for your fate.

*You see Skada sitting on a table by your bedside, her barbs wrapped in burlap. Luckily no one recognized her as either magical or evil, so presumably they brought her along as evidence.*

I was about to defend you when I saw who was coming. They would have destroyed me, and I could not heal you, so I just played dead. By the way, his High Righteousness invoked some of the most damn impressive prayers I've seen yet. He nearly worked himself to the bone to bring you back from the brink. I rather think he's taken with you, sister, Skada's voice whispers in your mind.

~~~

*Aekir, you get to the back door of the Hydra's Glass, carefully guiding Ssessarina. When you knock, the serving girl who answers takes one look and bustles you both inside to a private parlor. Ssessarina gets out her request for Wode before half-collapsing on one of the lounging chairs. The halfling arrives several minutes later, right after a substantial meal of slices of pork, vegetable and beef stew, wine, and plum pie is delivered.*

"You planted it well. We've gotten interesting information already. I've sent for Gesha, so you just wait Ssessarina. Aekir, how did it go?" Wode inquires blandly.

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Aekir, you get to the back door of the Hydra's Glass, carefully guiding Ssessarina. When you knock, the serving girl who answers takes one look and bustles you both inside to a private parlor. Ssessarina gets out her request for Wode before half-collapsing on one of the lounging chairs. The halfling arrives several minutes later, right after a substantial meal of slices of pork, vegetable and beef stew, wine, and plum pie is delivered.*

"You planted it well. We've gotten interesting information already. I've sent for Gesha, so you just wait Ssessarina. Aekir, how did it go?" Wode inquires blandly.

"This mission was successful. There was one complication, the victim whom the knight came to save was much more than she appeared."

*Aekir watches Wode carefully, not expecting much of reaction, knowing Wode to be a master of disguise.*

Remove ads