Off To War... Recriutment/Discussion

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok, here goes:

Thinking of going with a melee quick striker. 2 weapon fighting, with feats mainly aimed at group combat. Opting to build this guy as a dual rapier wielding fighter, which would be very interesting to see how it works out.

Combat Reflexes and Hold the Line would be put in if feasible. So, in essence, this guy would be nearer to the center of the group, using his aura to help everyone. If the foes get too close to the casters in the back, he would use his speed to deter them, AoO them while charging, etc. If the front liners are having issues, then he will move up to flank and make use of his multiple attacks with rapiers. He opts to go with light armor only, and no shields. He's a weaponsmith by trade, so he will keep everyone's weapon in top shape as well as learn how to wield them properly. (hone them to masterwork if possible, during nightly camping...)

He's going to probably be geared towards an 'assistant' type character, simply there to bring out the best in the others. I mainly try to leave the character open to growth, and let the campaign point them in the direction they take. I try not to plan too far ahead, maybe 2 levels, as the campaign dictates how the character grows, etc.

So, I want to drop Medium Armor Prof and Shield Prof for 2 feats:

Martial Weapon Proficiency (limited if needed)
Oversized Two Weapon Fighting (Able to dual wield rapiers without penalty!)

Deskjob

First Post
Deskjob

@FtF:

Drop Shields and pick up an Exotic Weapon. Just my idea of a good time. No reason to lose martial. Of course, dropping proficiencies to gain feat synergies is fun too.

I'm using a custom class, so I kinda broke all the rules. I hope you can fulfill your vision for your character just as I did. Woot woot!

Future Plans?

Marko is a warrior seeking political office. The higher, the better.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Yes Marko is going to be a General by the time the campagin gets to Genku Pass to stop the Treylor. Just hope he has figured out some saner tatics by then :p

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
I will be reading up on Dragon Shamans this weekend (probably light reading while I'm on the bus to work). I hope there is a way to incorpate you, Marko, and Lurik into the side quest I am making tentively named "The Rescue of Tharivol". Also I need to figure out how to get the three newbies on Jareth's good side. :p

Dragon Shaman is a lot easier than Duskblade. :p

And if it is too much work getting them involved in the side quest, then you can always just not send them. Jareth would be happier with that. :lol:

Deskjob

First Post
Yes Marko is going to be a General by the time the campagin gets to Genku Pass to stop the Treylor. Just hope he has figured out some saner tatics by then :p

HM

The Razor's Edge

Heh, no such luck I'm afraid. He lives for the front lines and the edge of combat. He is only comfortable on the razor's edge. Call me crazy, cause I've never actually had a character live past level 3. If it wasn't for rez spells, I don't think me and D&D would get along very well. Hehe.

Forget about that whole 5 days thing too. I guess I just wanted everyone to post as much as possible, thats all. But fast is good too. Maybe Marko will make level 3 before July of next year? Who knows? Haha. Nice work HolyMan. I appreciate all you do. :D

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks Deskjob, I am trying my best.

A few heads up:

This OOC will be ending come tomorrow night after I post XP and a recap. I think 80+ pages is quite enough.

I do wish to seperate the group (by lvl) once the battle is over.

a) because the higher lvl characters have had dealings with Dellex in the past so their's will be mostly RP furthering along a story arc I will start just as the Battle at Harkon Manor ends. Those characters will go back to the Off to War (IC) while...
b) the junior memebers (ye grennies) will get to go on an adventure based on your lvl. and I'm thinking that by the time the adventure is over and you rejoin the others you will be on compatible lvl.
c) to many personality clashes seem to be in this little stew pot.

So I have more IC to read for my update just wanted you all to know what I am up to.

@FtF we need to talk (about Dragon Shamans) do you want to correspond through e-mail or make a discussion thread here??

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I am off to run chores but will be back on around 3pm EST if we can IM sometime tonoght that would be the quickest way. But if not will figure it out but first I need to finish checking Malaroc LOL then we can work on his Dragin Shaman stuff.'

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Breaking out the red pen... LOL

Malaroc
Human
22 Years Old
5'10"
181 lbs
Sandy Colored Hair
Copper Eyes

An average appearing human at a glance, Malaroc is anything but when the time comes. A good looking male, his features are strong and he keeps in good condition; being well toned and up for hard work when needed. He keeps clean shaven, with mid length sandy brown hair and copper eyes that glint in the sun. He often is able to fill in where needed, though his strength is best used in melee combat.

He is a weaponsmith by trade, barely starting out, but he longs for adventure and excitement. His innate powers seem to be manifesting, and he has learned to help out his nearby allies when the time arises. He keeps his weapons in top shape as well, knowing that he must reply on them for the most part.

I really wish to expand on this and add why Malaroc is a Dragin Shaman, and how this all will work in our world.

Name: Malaroc
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class: Copper Dragon Shaman 1

[sblock=Attributes]
Code:
[B][U]Attributes[/U][/B]
Str: 14 (+2) (6POINTS)
Dex: 17 (+3) (13POINTS)
Con: 14 (+2) (6POINTS)
Int:  8 (-1) (0POINTS)
Wis: 10 (+0) (2POINTS)
Cha: 15 (+2) (8POINTS)

HP: 12hp
BAB: +0
Initiative: +3
Grapple: +2
Speed: 30'

Base  Armor Shld   Dex   DB    Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:       10    +3    +1    +3    +0    +0    +0    +17      (+1 Shield from 2WpnDef)
Touch: 13 
Flatfooted: 14
ACP:  -1 

[B][U]Saves[/U][/B]
          Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:       2    +2    +0    +4
Ref:        0    +3    +0    +3
Will:       2    +0    +0    +2

[B][U]Languages[/U][/B]
  Common
[/sblock]

[sblock=Feats/Skills]
Feats
Two Weapon Fighting (Reduced Penalties for fighting w/2 weapons)
Two Weapon Defense (+1 Shield AC w/ 2 weapons, +2 if Fighting Defensively)
Persuasive (+2 to Intimidate/Bluff)

**Trade out Proficiency with Shield and Medium Armor for 2 Feats at Second Level (Weapon Finesse and Exotic Weapon Proficiency - Due to BAB +1 Prerequisite)

Code:
[B][U]Skills[/U][/B]:  (2Class Skill Points +2CampaignBonus -1 INT X4, +4 Human=16)
Skill Points: 16       Max Ranks: 4/2
Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total

Balance (cc)               0    +3    -1    +2
Bluff                      4    +2    +2    +8
Climb                      0    +2    -1    +1
Craft(Weaponsmith)         4    -1    +0    +3
Hide                       0    +3    +0    +3
Jump                       0    +2    -1    +1
Intimidate                 4    +2    +2    +8
Knowledge (Nature)         0    -1    +0    -1
Move Silently (cc)         0    +3    -1    +2
Search                     0    -1    +0    -1
Swim (cc)                  2    +2    -2    +2

ACP penalty applies to hide checks[/sblock]

[sblock=Dragon Shaman Abilities]
Class Abilities
Proficiency - Simple Weapons & Light Armor
Totem Dragon - Copper Dragon
Draconic Aura +1 (All allies within 30' affected)
Code:
Energy Shield = Foes hitting you are ally w/ natural attack/nonreach weapon take 2 points acid dmg
Power         = +1 bonus to melee dmg
Vigor         = Fast Healing 1 if under half of max HP
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
[B][U]Attacks[/U][/B]
   Spiked Gauntlet    =  +2 to hit, 1d4+2dmg, x2, P
   Morningstar        =  +2 to hit, 1d8+2dmg, x2, B&P
   Dagger             =  +2 to hit, 1d4+2dmg, 19-20/x2, P-S
   Javelin            =  +3 to hit, 1d6+2, x2, 30', P

[U][B]Combat:[/B][/U]
Melee +2
Melee 2WpnFighting +0/+0
Ranged +3
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
[B][U]Equipment[/U][/B]: 1gp 1sp 3cp[COLOR=red][B] have you at 34gp 1sp 3cp btu I didn't spend the money[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B] on materials but that 34 would be a good start to changing the spiked guantlets[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B] into Dragon Guantlets[/B][/COLOR]
Item                         Cost(gp)      Weight (lbs)
Studded Leather                25             20
Backpack                        2              2
Artisan Tools                   5              5
Morningstar                     8              6
Spiked Gauntlets x2            10              2
Dagger x2                       4              2
Javelin x2                      2              4
Belt Pouch                      1              .5
Chalk x5 (colored)              .05            0 
Rations x2                      1              2
Signal Whistle                  .8             0
Signet Ring                     5              0
Torch x2                        .02            2
Flint & Steel                   1              0
Artisans Outfit                 1              4
Waterskin                       1              4
Crafting Materials x2          12              2
Dragon Gauntlet                20              2

[COLOR=red][B]Artisan's outfit is free and weighs nothing so long as you are wearing it. [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]Also not sure about this crafting stuff something else we need to talk [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]about. You character should have time to finish the Dragon Guantlets [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]after the fight as there will be a little down time for some of you.[/B][/COLOR]

Current Total Weight = 57.5 [B][COLOR=red]have your wieght at 49.5 ([/COLOR][COLOR=red]but that is without [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=red]                                                crafted materials)[/COLOR][/B]

Light Load Max = 58 lbs
Medium Load Max= 116 lbs
Heavy Load Max = 175 lbs
Lift off Ground = 350 lbs
Overhead = 175 lbs
Drag = 875 lbs
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Breaking out the red pen... LOL
Ok, I'll try not to cry too much...

I really wish to expand on this and add why Malaroc is a Dragin Shaman, and how this all will work in our world.
Agreed. Dragon Shamans are mainly out to explore, thinking that dragons are the true power. They were here before the other gods, and will be here long afterwards. His journey is to seek out this dragon power, to find a true dragon and learn of his past heritage. Perhaps a long forgotten ancestor had a dealing with a powerful dragon, and inherited an innate power. One that was dormant in so many generations, but has manifested into Mal.

ACP penalty applies to hide checks
I will update character sheet to reflect that.

Equipment: 1gp 1sp 3cp have you at 34gp 1sp 3cp btu I didn't spend the money
on materials but that 34 would be a good start to changing the spiked guantlets
into Dragon Guantlets
ok, math time... 25+2+5+8+10+4+2+1+.05+1+.8+5+.02+1+1+1+20 = 86.87 (86 gold, 8 silver, 7 copper spent out of initial 100gp) That is without the crafting materials. I have the crafting materials there for creating the second dragon gauntlet, so that he could have a pair. The first one listed is at full price. So, he is creating a 'replica' with personal embellishments on it. Cost is 1/3 price of item, and I bought a little extra, in case he messes up on the crafting. So, rounded to 12gold spent on the materials to 'craft' his second Dragon Gauntlets.

Item Cost(gp) Weight (lbs)
Studded Leather 25 20
Backpack 2 2
Artisan Tools 5 5
Morningstar 8 6
Spiked Gauntlets x2 10 2
Dagger x2 4 2
Javelin x2 2 4
Belt Pouch 1 .5
Chalk x5 (colored) .05 0
Rations x2 1 2
Signal Whistle .8 0
Signet Ring 5 0
Torch x2 .02 2
Flint & Steel 1 0
Artisans Outfit 1 4
Waterskin 1 4
Crafting Materials x2 12 2
Dragon Gauntlet 20 2

Artisan's outfit is free and weighs nothing so long as you are wearing it.
Also not sure about this crafting stuff something else we need to talk
about. You character should have time to finish the Dragon Guantlets
after the fight as there will be a little down time for some of you.
Artisan outfit is listed due to his 'trade' at times. I forgot to put his entry that he normally wears an explorers outfit, so that was the 'free' outfit. Artisans is not.

Crafting, I figured that was why he bought and 'used' the materials while here at the manor. I figured he's about done, just needed a little motivation to finish up. That's why I purchased more crafting materials, to show his attempts and even accounted for a crafting failure, where he had to buy more materials.

Current Total Weight = 57.5 have your wieght at 49.5 (but that is without
crafted materials)
Ok, more math:
20+2+5+6+2+2+4+.5+2+2+4+4+2 = 55.5 (again, without crafting materials AND adding in the weight of the artisans outfit. add another 2lbs for them, and it's 57.5

Remove ads