Off To War... Recriutment/Discussion

Gondsman

Explorer
I'd second the idea for the dragon shaman, as far as inspiration and front line stuff goes. Another option of course, if you want to fulfill the rogue place and be a little more active in the battle is the Scout, from complete adventurer, though not a great one for jumping into this battle.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Skald - I like! I have liked that concept for some time, which is what this concept was designed towards.

Frenzied Berzerker - Not my cup of tea. Attacking everything, I would have to add Leap Attack, Power Attack, Monkey Grip, yeah... it would hurt everything, including me.

Scout - I don't really like it. Again, personal flavor...

Marshal/Holy Liberator - Have not really looked into them much. They were ok, but the whole religious concept was too constraining to me. I would want it to have it's inspiration from history, not from religion. Just a personal preference.

Dragon Shaman - What to say... I HEART DRAGON SHAMANS! Unfortunately, I play a few of them, like, over half of my recent characters were Dragon Shamans. I currently only have 1 left, which is a Gestalt Barbarian/Dragon Shaman. This guy is CRAZY at level 5 already!

So, as you can see, Dragon Shamans are very tempting, as well as barbarian, but I would like something with flare. Something that would work well in an 'army' concept. Hence, a Skald-type character, which I have been itching to play.

Barbarian Concept with Things to keep -
1st level - Rage 1/day, Illiteracy
2nd level -
3rd level -
4th level - Rage 2/day

Replace -
1st level - Fast movement for ???
2nd level - Uncanny Dodge for Inspire Courage
3rd level - Trap Sense for ???
4th level -

OR - Go with Dragon Shaman again, which I could do. I would probably go with something besides Copper Dragon, as Spider Climb in an army would not come in handy as often as I would think...

(opening up the good old PHBII....)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Yeah, I knew which one you were talking about M&L, I have the book right by me. it's always been one of those classes that sounded good, but had to have the right campaign to make good use of it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That's just it FtF, part of my job will be to help make it fit. ;)

Make sure you can just provide me with the rules for it and we can see. RIght now all you need is fluff and you can join the fight (just not take any actions).

HM

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok, Malaroc is now posted in RG. He's still got work to do, such as Armor, Feats, and Equipment, but for the most part, the general concept is there for checking.

Let me know if something is amiss.

Thanks!

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
put me in coach! Lol, looks like they could use some dragon shaman assistance in the manor battle. I just need to get some weapons and gear. 100gp starting, right? Level 1? Just need to make sure before I get weapons, armor and gear.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Yes FtF lvl 1 and starting gold for you is 100gp. You need to figure out why Malaroc is currently at Harkon Manor. Was he passing through? Did he sign on as an apprentice and has been working at the villiage? All this can be addressed in your opening post in Battle at Harkon Manor.

Please post there and I will add you to the map with todays update. Still take no actions yet just a flavor post till your charater is complete, plz.

yes that's right there will be an update today, :D

HM

Deskjob

First Post
Deskjob

Battle, Round 2.

Alright for an update! Kinda strange not to see Frozen posting. Hmm. I hope he jumps back. Oh, and I was praying for those 1's HolyMan. 2 points of damage out of a possible 16 was just what the doctor ordered. After rolls like that, Marko will be praying to his fish-riding goddess more often. :D

Myth where do you want Marko? I plan to have him retreat in my next post. Let me know, okay Boss!

Remove ads