• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official Bladesinger Prestige Class for Forgotten Realms?

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Rick James Query / Bladesinger Question

Dark Jezter said:
All your base is a hell of a drug.
True .... By the way G, have you checked out the RJ thread lately?

On Topic:

For the record, which bladesinger version is actually official? Is it the one in Races of Faerun or the one in the Complete Warrior?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The Thayan Menace said:
For the record, which bladesinger version is actually official? Is it the one in Races of Faerun or the one in the Complete Warrior?
Yes. It seems as if the RoF class is "official" for Forgotten Realms games (due to being referenced in Player's Guide to Faerun), and the CW class is official for generic games (due to being 3.5 and published after Races of Faerun, but before Player's Guide to Faerun).

Overly confusing? Yes.

For the record, I prefer the CW version. PrCs with their own spell-list that require casting to get into aren't really my favorite.

Demiurge out.

Ranger REG

Explorer
The Thayan Menace said:
On Topic:

Again, for the record, it's the RoF version is the official bladesinger PrC.

My own personal preference is the CW version.

BadMojo

First Post
The Thayan Menace said:
They seemed to have done a decent job on the bladesinger in the Complete Warrior (pp. 17-18); it is certainly better balanced and more worthwhile to play than earlier 3.0 incarnations (i.e., I too have a bias towards spell class progression vs. different spell lists).

I checked on the RPGA Forgotten Realms thing as Olgar suggested, and they use the Complete Warrior version. Seems pretty official to me.

For the record, I like the CW version myself. The only think I don't really care for is the limit on Song of Celerity (quicken a spell) which had no limit per day in the RoF version, but is now limited to 1x per day. While I think unlimited uses of the ability + the spell class progression would be too much, more than one use wouldn't be the end of the world.

I *do* like the way the AC bonus from the Bladesong style increase based on Bladesinger level instead of coming all at once at first level as in the RoF version.

Anyway, thanks for all the input. :)

Ranger REG

Explorer
BadMojo said:
I checked on the RPGA Forgotten Realms thing as Olgar suggested, and they use the Complete Warrior version. Seems pretty official to me.
Meh. I'm not a member of RPGA, so I could care less about what is allowed in their tournaments (I don't do tourneys).

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Meh. I'm not a member of RPGA, so I could care less about what is allowed in their tournaments (I don't do tourneys).
I only went to an RPGA tournament once (Living City), and it wasn't quite my bag either. The plot scenarios seemed way too fixed for my taste.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads