• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official Bladesinger Prestige Class for Forgotten Realms?

Aaron L

Hero
I dont think the ladesinger from RoF needs updating, its beautiful as it is :) And it is the "official" Realms version, referenced in PGtF.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Aaron L said:
I dont think the ladesinger from RoF needs updating, its beautiful as it is :) And it is the "official" Realms version, referenced in PGtF.
Not to be a devil's advocate (and I have yet to pick up RoF), but isn't that the PrC with its own spell list?

Aaron L

Hero
Ranger REG said:
Not to be a devil's advocate (and I have yet to pick up RoF), but isn't that the PrC with its own spell list?

Yup, thats it.

And I recommend RoF, its rad read.

Last edited:

BadMojo

First Post
Ranger REG said:

The RoF version is very close to the Tome & Blood errata version.

Is the fact that it has its own spell list inherently a bad thing?

BadMojo said:

Generally speaking, yes.

EDIT:

To expand, it is worse when it requires a spellcasting class in order to enter, and then provides very little benefit for that spellcasting class.

A class with its own spell list is better as an extension of classes which have no native spellcasting ability.

Last edited:

The Thayan Menace said:
Thanks G.

[hijack] Who is G, exactly, and who is this Rick James person?[/hijack]

I'd just use the RoF version, and adapt as necessary for your campaign. Or check teh Legacy of the Green Regent guidelines to see what is used for that "official" 3.5 campaign.

Ranger REG

Explorer
BadMojo said:
The RoF version is very close to the Tome & Blood errata version.

Like WotC's psionic model, I personally just happen to disagree with that class markup. I like the idea that you can use and advance your arcane spellcasting class you have prior to taking the bladesinger PrC.

So while the RoF version is the official one, I'd rather use the CW version.

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Mad Props To Ranger REG / Bladesinging is a Hell of a Drug

Ranger REG said:
I dunno. I really dig those "... is a hell of a drug" catchphrase. :cool:

It's better than the "All your ... bases are belong to us." :p
Thanks for the compliment. You too are a hell of a drug .... :) ;) :cool:

But Seriously:

They seemed to have done a decent job on the bladesinger in the Complete Warrior (pp. 17-18); it is certainly better balanced and more worthwhile to play than earlier 3.0 incarnations (i.e., I too have a bias towards spell class progression vs. different spell lists).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads