• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official D&D Character Sheets Coming In June

One of the four mysterious unnamed D&D products has been revealed! Coming on June 20th, for $9.95, is a folder of official Dungeons & Dragons character sheets. "Inside the pockets of this lavishly illustrated protective folder, you’ll find a full set of fifth edition Dungeons & Dragonscharacter sheets for use in any D&D campaign. This product includes three additional styles of double-sided character sheets giving veteran players options based on their individual play preference and spell sheets for keeping track of their magical repertoire. Also included is an introductory character sheet designed specifically to help ease new players into the game. Fans can use these character sheets to welcome new players to the world’s greatest roleplaying game or choose a variant that fits their preferences."

One of the four mysterious unnamed D&D products has been revealed! Coming on June 20th, for $9.95, is a folder of official Dungeons & Dragons character sheets. "Inside the pockets of this lavishly illustrated protective folder, you’ll find a full set of fifth edition Dungeons & Dragonscharacter sheets for use in any D&D campaign. This product includes three additional styles of double-sided character sheets giving veteran players options based on their individual play preference and spell sheets for keeping track of their magical repertoire. Also included is an introductory character sheet designed specifically to help ease new players into the game. Fans can use these character sheets to welcome new players to the world’s greatest roleplaying game or choose a variant that fits their preferences."

17321DNDCharacterSheetPRODTH2.png

SaveSave

Osgood

Hero
I agree that this sort of product seems like a throwback to an earlier age... But the art is cool and a folder might be nice, so I might pick one up (I'm pretty sure I've spent less on 5e products than 12-year-old-me did on Basic D&D back when gas was 80¢ a gal, so I can afford it).

CydKnight

Explorer
With the advent of PDFs I kinda feel like we've moved past this sort of product. There are already a heap of different character sheets out there for free right now.
At present I agree with this sentiment. I am sure I will check it out when it's released but I am not very excited about a "new" character sheet in this digital age where anyone can customize one to their own tastes.

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
For myself, I'm interested to see these "official" variations, especially the one for beginners. I'll drop a few bucks on Amazon to see what they came up with, at the same time hoping to see PDFs show up on the WotC site alongside the other official sheets in case we want to print more ourselves.

G

Guest 6801328

This must be one of the parts of 5e designed to appeal to gamers form the early 80's.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
This must be one of the parts of 5e designed to appeal to gamers form the early 80's.

Coming Soon: OFFICIAL 5E D&D 80's nostalgia.

For those that want to TRULY remember being there. OFFICIALLY.

[sblock] Actually, credit where credit is due. My mother, bless her, is from a certain fine emerald island off the west coast of England. Back in the 80's, if I ran to her asking for something like this, her first question would be, 'Who makes it official? Oh I see, them selling the thing huh? Fine.' followed by telling me not to be daft, cuffing me one and sending me off to craft my own sheet with pencils and paper. Also, we walked 20 miles to the pub every day. In proto-snow. Which is much colder than the soft stuff you have these days.[/sblock]

Imaro

Legend
I think sometimes we confuse hardcore gamers (the kind that would actually spend time crafting a personalized sheet for their D&D game) and not so hardcore gamers (the kind that will pay a few bucks to grab something convenient and get going). Honestly out of my entire group of 10 (It's a slightly rotating roster with a core group) I think only 2 of us use online resources, forums, etc. for the game. The rest just aren't that invested in D&D unless it's time to play or run the game. Besides couldn't you use the same argument for adventures... you can craft them yourself or even scour the internet for free ones... so why are they selling them?

Remove ads

Remove ads