D&D General Official Lego Set for Dungeons & Dragons Coming Soon

3,745 piece set includes an adventure to run using the model

Lego announced the release of the officially licensed Dungeons & Dragons build set Dragon’s Keep: Journey’s End.

1.png

The 3,745 piece set includes a partially collapsed tower, a castle wall, and a tavern with removable roof. For characters, the set has six minifigures for a Dwarf Cleric, Gnome Fighter, Orc Rogue, Elf Wizard, and an NPC Dragonborn and Innkeeper. You’ll also build models of Cinderhowl the Red Dragon (who can also be perched on top of the tower) plus a beholder, a displacer beast, and an owlbear.

21348_alt9_webp_92.jpg

A free adventure will also be available from D&D Beyond and the Lego website on April 1st as a digital download making use of the terrain. To celebrate the release, Lego will host a live stream of the adventure with Anjali Bhimani (Ms. Marvel, Overwatch 2), Ginny Di (YouTuber and cosplayer), Luis Carazo (Candela Obscura, Outbreak: Undead Rag & Bone), Jordon Scott (LEGO Designer), and Lucas Bolt (designer of this set, see below) on April 6, 2024, at 12 noon Eastern.

21348_alt10_webp_92.jpg

The set was designed by Lucas Bolt aka BoltBuildz as part of the Lego Ideas program in a contest launched in 2022. The winner was announced in January 2023 with a preview of the set. As part of the contest, Bolt will receive 1% of net sales of the product, complimentary copies, a D&D prize package, and other considerations.

2.png

The set will be available for sale starting on April 4, 2024, for a retail price of $359.99.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

TheSword

Legend
No reason not, you certainly get what you pay for from them.
To be honest I do think it is an investment. It’s almost indestructible if used as intended and stored safely.

In a moment of collectors geek fever I bought all the hobbit and LotR sets over the course of a year for about a grand. I enjoyed making them, did some displaying, had a brief experiment with dungeon terrain for mini combat before I decided it was too much effort.

For the last 7 years it’s now used as a big part of my work’s holiday camp activities for kids and in 3 more years it’s going to my nephew when he turns 5.

It goes back to the cost per hour of entertainment. I’ve probably spent 25 hours enjoying, it kept the kids at work entertained for maybe 600 child hours of entertainment. Then my nephew lets be conservative and estimate another 50 hours of entertainment over his lifetime.

That’s £1.50 an hour… and at the end of it you still have the Lego. Useable with all the other sets and probably near pristine despite the use it’s had.

GrimCo

Adventurer
Well, i guess i know what to get for Easter. I spend more for some sets. I quite like it. It will go nice with my old castle sets.

TheSword

Legend
Lego is rare in that you buy a set of any size and play with it. But then you buy another set and not only can you enjoy that one, it genuinely let’s you do more with the original. Another set let’s you do more with both previous ones.

Very few things in life work like that let alone toys. In this fire and forget world most things are made to be used and then discarded or sold. Be that PlayStation games, board games, clothes or whatever.

Remove ads

Remove ads