Often I do not understand the maps...

plancktum

First Post
Hi.

At the moment im preparing Adventure Three: Digging for Lies, but sometimes I don't get the description of the map.

For example the Subrail Station Encounter: Where is the entrance? What do the green things mean? Which places are marked with mud? And so on...

This is something I've encountered also in the first two adventures: A missing legend for the maps.

Yeah and finally: How do you handle these large maps? Normally we have a battlemap on our table and I draw the map on the battlemap, but sometimes the Zeitgeist maps are too large...

Despite these things: I really enjoy Zeitgeist. It is the best D&D Campaign I've ever mastered :) Thanks for this!

Hm, I just looked at the PDF I have of that adventure, and the map is a bit too low resolution. Sorry about that. Also, I just realized that this page has one map from adventure 3 three times, but doesn't include this map. Odd. [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], can we put higher-res versions of the maps on the Zeitgeistadventurepath.com page?

EN_ZEIT3_SUBRAIL.jpg

The green things are stacks of bricks covered with small tarps.

The two brown pathways are sawdust-covered. Other areas should be dotted with mud, but this is an issue of the map not matching the text. Also, the southern end should not have that wall-looking texture. Really you're supposed to be able to walk into and out of this area. There should be a wooden fence a hundred feet or so outside the edge of the map.

EN_ZEIT3_ZIG.jpg

Also in the same adventure, the rainbow puzzle room can be confusing if you aren't seeing the high-res version. One key thing to remember there is that the room is not supposed to be solvable by a single person.

With our hardcover compilation Kickstarter, we might try to retool a few of the maps in this adventure to make them more clear. I've attached more high-res versions of the two I mentioned above, which I hope will help out. Click on the image in the post to see a larger version.

Last edited:

Shimrath

Explorer
On the map of the Subrail Station. . .

I am assuming that the pillars in the pit around the tracks are the steel pillars that lead up to walkways (that perhaps have yet to be built)? And that the x-shaped pillars outside the pit are supporting the tarp that covers the entire site? Lastly, the long 10-foot-high rectangles are piles of building materials?

Remove ads