OGL games to check out before they possibly disappear

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
1) Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures: A wonderful little game that emulates the Black Cauldron, A Wizard of Earthsea and other games with young fantasy heroes. It uses PbtA-style playbooks instead of classes, and as part of character creation, players roll on tables that connect the characters' backgrounds together as well as randomly generate some of their abilities. The result is a charming, low-power fantasy game with groups of wide-eyed young heroes. The actual adventures are also randomly (and sometimes collectively) generated. Flatland Games also has sister lines that do sword and sorcery adventures and "I'm too old for this crap" veteran dungeon crawlers.
I have Beyond the Wall, but have been meaning to pick up the "grown up" swords & sorcery variant, Through Sunken Lands. I know there's an expansion for BtW, too, so I should probably snap both of those up now...

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I have Beyond the Wall, but have been meaning to pick up the "grown up" swords & sorcery variant, Through Sunken Lands. I know there's an expansion for BtW, too, so I should probably snap both of those up now...
There's actually a lot for BtW at this point, including a campaign book, a collected book of adventures and a collected book of player options, each with new exclusive content.

And Grizzled Adventures short supplements on magic and on travel/adult complications.

I wish Flatland had more of a social media presence, so I could gauge the danger of this stuff all vanishing. Otherwise, picking it up all at once in hard copy will be expensive.

Last edited:

Faolyn

(she/her)
There's actually a lot for BtW at this point, including a campaign book, a collected book of adventures and a collected book of player options, each with new exclusive content.

And Grizzled Adventures short supplements on magic and on travel/adult complications.

I wish Flatland had more of a social media presence, so I could gauge the danger of this stuff all vanishing. Otherwise, picking it up all at once in hard copy will be expensive.
Wait, there's a Flatland RPG?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases