Ohio Game Day IV: Planning Thread

Enkhidu

Explorer
Hi all!

I figured it might be a good idea for us Ohioans to start thinking about putting together a GameDay for sometime this fall, and as the organizer/host of the last it fell to me to broach the subject.

So, with Origins out of the way and Gen-Con looming, I'm fairly sure that the summer is out - how about early to mid fall (late Sept to early Oct)?

Crothian

First Post
The where has always been our problem. Once we can figure out a place to host it the rest have fallen together or apart as the third one I hear didn't do so well.

Enkhidu

Explorer
That's right - the third one didn't do well attendance wise. I think it was a location thing (I.E. it wasn't in Columbus).

I do know that I can get the space if we want to try it again in SW Ohio, but I'm afraid that we'd end up with a low turnout again...

shoplifter

First Post
Has anyone considered trying to get several rooms at the Convention Center here in Columbus? I have no idea how much it would cost though, I tried looking on the website but didn't notice anything spelled out.

Last edited:

Enkhidu

Explorer
The space we secured in Dayton in prep for the last one was a small hole-in-the-wall hall (to give you an idea, it also serves as my local voting precints polling station!) that cost very little in reservation fees. So, I know that such places exist, its just a matter of ponying up the dough for them.

Before we go any further, why don't we start with a "roll call" to find out if there's really even enough interest in doing one of these this fall. So, please post if you'd like to attend OGD4!

Crothian

First Post
if its in Columbus myself and a few others should be able to make it but it too would depend on the date and arrangements. If its elsewhere then it becomes harder to go.

Remove ads