Ohio Gameday - Feb 24, 2007 - Fun was had by one and all!

Enkhidu

Explorer
Hey! Is it that time of year again already? Well yes it is! We've got the space, we've got the date, and this time we've got a sponsor!

When? February 24, 2007, from about 10 AM until 11 PM.

Where? Bookery Fantasy, one of the Friendliest LGSs I've ever seen, and located in Fairborn, Ohio just a hop and a skip from I-675, the bypass around Dayton, Ohio that connects I-75 and I-70.

What? Gaming, gaming, and more gaming! The Bookery has thirteen tables, all of which are ours for the taking. Plus, The Bookery's also one of the best comic and memorabilia stores in SW Ohio, and comic lovers might believe it worth the trip!

Here are some things you will want to know:
- There is no fee for this event, unless you want to count gas and food.
- Parts of the site are not wheelchair accessible; we've got two very large tables on the first floor which we'll likely use, as well as another 11 in the basement. The ones in the basement are accessible only via a set of stairs.
- We will be having three time slots - 10 to 2, 3 to 7, and 8 to 11:30. All times are approximates. The store itself opens at 9 AM, and you can expect to see retail traffic until about 9 PM.

Directions!

From Columbus (East):
Take 70 West to 675 South. Take 675 S to exit 22. Right onto Xenia Dr.

From Indiannapolis (West):
Take 70 East to 675 South. Take 675 S to exit 22. Right onto Xenia Dr.

From Toledo (North):
Take 75 South to 70 East. Take 70 East to 675 South. Take 675 S to exit
22. Right onto Xenia Dr.

From Cincinnati (South):
Take 75 North to 675 North. Take 675 N to exit 22. Left onto Xenia Dr.

Follow Xenia Drive (State Route 235) into Fairborn. Be in the left lane as
you cross the railroad tracks. Turn left at the traffic light (just past
railroad tracks) onto East Dayton Drive. Go 1 block, bear right onto Main
Street. Follow Main Street 4 blocks (2 lights) past the intersection of
Main and Central. Look for Bookery Games on the right between Tickets Diner
and Yankee Peddler.

And now - THE GAMES

10:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Table 1 - The Broken Spire
GM: D'Shai
System: D&D 3.5
Synopsis: The war rages on, and the orcs are on the move again. Yet even now our diviners gaze into the Limestone Pools and find the resting place for ancient secrets which may yet grant us victory. Journey to a place once thought of as myth – the Broken Spire – and retrieve what you find.

What is that you say? That the Broken Spire is a matron’s tale? At one time, maybe, but this is no elf’s errand! Go now, for more rests on your success than you know…

Can six heroes of axe, hammer, stone, and steel unearth weapons laid to rest before history was first chiseled into stone? Find out as they race against time – and the champions of their most hated enemy – in a bid to regain the power of their forefathers. The Broken Spire is a tandem PvP game for six 7th level dwarves. Player vs. Player combat will play a part in this game.

Players:
1. Bubbalicious
2. Aurora

Table 2 - The Cracked Citadel
GM: Enkhidu
Synopsis: The rockbiters cower behind their wide walls in the deeps, but their days are numbered. Our shamans have uncovered the trail of an ancient trove, one that will give us the power to crush the ‘biters beneath our heel. You six – the survivors of the Champion’s Pit – are all that remain of the hordes that thought they were worthy. But you slew them all, and now the glory is yours. Now go to the Cracked Citadel and take what is yours by right. Survive, and you will wear the war chiefs’ helm before the winter.

Yes, I know that the Citadel is a whelp’s dream! But if you don’t go I will wear your skin as a cape. GO!

Can six champions of sinew and tusk rip ancient treasures from the bones of the earth and take the war chiefs’ helm? Find out as they race against time – and the champions of their most hated enemy – in a bid to crush their foes once and for all. The Cracked Citadel is a tandem PvP game for six 7th level orcs. Player vs. Player combat will play a part in this game.

Players:
1. griff_goodbeard
2. romp

Table 3 - The Gray Death (Part 1)
GM: Michael R Proteau
Synopsis: Join the author as he runs the beginning of this Necromancer Games mini-campaign. The Gray Death is a fiendish plague ravaging the land. A band of heroes is sent to investigate this plague and attempt to end it. They must embark on an epic quest to recover the pieces of a lost artifact; the one hope of ending the plague before it is too late. Standing in the way of their success are the architects of the plague and their myriad agents. Can the heroes succeed ?

First level pregenerated characters will be provided. We will play through as much of this as we can in the first session. For up to 6 players. Uses Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 core rules.

Players:

3:00 PM to 7:00 PM

Table 1 - An Overpowered Extravaganza of Cheese! - THIS GAME HAS BEEN CANCELLED - PLAYERS SHOULD CHECK IN AND SIGN UP FOR OTHER GAMES
GM: BlueBlackRed
System: D&D 3.5 (Gestalt)
Synopsis: CANCELLED

Players:
1. griff_goodbeard
2. Brian Compton
3. el skootro
4. Ian Demagi

Table 2 - Paranoia Orc and Pie Part IV - THIS GAME HAS BEEN CANCELLED - PLAYERS SHOULD CHECK IN AND SIGN UP FOR OTHER GAMES
GM: Crothian
System: CLASSIFIED
Synopsis: CANCELLED

Players:
1. Qwillion
2. shaylon
3. Kaffis
4. Aurora
5. Juneau
6. Belisi
*7. Enkhidu (if you'll have me)

Table 3 - Puzzles
GM: Keeper of Secrets
System: Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition
Synopsis: TBA. All PCs are pregenerated.

Players:
1. Bubbalicious
2. fett527
3. romp
4. dshai527

Table 4 - The Gray Death (Part 2)
GM: Michael R Proteau
Synopsis: Play with the creator:The Gray Death is a fiendish plague ravaging the land. A band of heroes is sent to investigate this plague and attempt to end it. They must embark on an epic quest to recover the pieces of a lost artifact; the one hope of ending the plague before it is too late. Standing in the way of their success are the architects of the plague and their myriad agents. Can the heroes succeed ?

Picking up where the morning session left off, the adventure continues. Returning players or new players are welcome. Pre-generated characters will be provided. For up to six players. Uses Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 core rules.

Players:

8:00 PM to 11:00 PM

Table 1 - Be Careful Hunting Monsters,
GM: Qwillion
System: D&D
Synopsis: Be Careful Hunting Monsters, lets you choose the path you wish to take, it is a collection of quick-play adventures for 4-6 players of 6th – 10th level. Each allows you to encounter a never seen before monster. A free pdf copy of the first in the Here There Be Monsters series will be emailed to every player, a free subscription to the series will be awarded to one player.

-Something strange is happening to women who are with child, the local midwife has demanded the monster hunters guild capture the vile fey stealing the unborn children, and force it to return them.

- Six sages were discovered catatonic or dead, rumors abound but one sage, who has recovered though divine healing, wrangled a peculiar contract from the monster hunter’s guild: Seek out the beautiful one who did this too her, before it “steals the knowledge of the world.”

-A lone wolf killed an entire company of the monster guild; the guild has offered the largest bounty in its history for the Ust-Krava’s pelt.

-A brutish monster is challenging all comers to unarmed combat, unless they defeat him they cannot cross Shadowgap Bridge, those who have attacked him with weapons have all ended dead. The Merchant’s Guild is offering an exorbitant sum to the guild if they can reopen trade.

- Up to 6 players, any level of experiance from newb to you started with Chainmail!
- Everyone will have a pre gen character; self made characters are allowed.
- XP will be gained encounter to encounter.
- Players can access the SRD or PHB, you can access other book but this requires approval by the DM if you take up too much of the DM's time with approval the answer is NO.
- Prior approval is required of all munchikin, powergame loving combos and the DM may nerf you on the spot and hit you with a very large nerf bat.
->Non-Standard Ability Score Point Buy: 80 starting points,No stat may be higher than 18 and one stat must be an 8 or lower. For ability scores 14 or lower you buy points on a 1 for 1 basis (a stat of 14 costs a total of 14 points). 15 or higher goes by the following chart.
15 costs a total of 16 points
16 costs a total of 18 points
17 costs a total of 21 points
18 costs a total of 24 points
Additional stat points will come from the standard level gains, racial gains, and magical items.
- standard starting wealth for a 6 level pc to buy equipment (wealth by level DMG). No more then 25% in one item. No more than 25% in one-use items (potions/scrolls).
- If you're going to play a druid, or summon critters - please have everything ready for the summoned creatures/ shapechange prior to the game. (ie have your own monster mannual and have it bookmarked.) anything not in the MM must be approved.
- Usable deities are all Forgotten Realms dieties.
- Alignment: any non evil, PC vs PC combat results in instigator's character death and ejection of player from game.

Players:
1. Aurora
2. Xanafel

Table 2 - TBD
GM:
System:
Synopsis:
Players:

So, start checking your calendars, your dice, and your DM's notes. Those wishing to run games should post early and often, for while we certainly won't run out of space, we might run out of players!

We'll see you there!

Last edited:

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
I should be able to make it.
I sent an e-mail notifying the rest of my group. I expect several of them should be able to make it as well.

ashockney

First Post
Hello fellow Ohio gamers!

I'd be interested in getting back out to see everyone again this year. It's been challenging while juggling ever-increasing responsibilities with family. I've got this one scheduled on the calendar, and I'll be looking forward to it.

I have been working on a 3.5 edition module for possible publication (Dungeon or self-pub), that is built around being set up for 17th level! : ) I could run a snippet from that module, and would love the opportunity for a playtest. Let me know if there's any interest in such a thing.

Enkhidu

Explorer
IamTheTest said:
I would like to attend.

I bet you would, but this event has standards. Admittedly, they're so low that a rot grub could probably get in (so everyone but d'shai is safe), but still. Standards.

Anyway, after the new year we'll start trolling for GMs, so if you want to run a game, Test, post away!

Remove ads