Ohio Gameday IV on hold

shaylon

First Post
Well apparently when I reserved the three dates last week there was some confusion about what I wanted to do, by that I mean they didn't realize that I wanted to rent out the room. I am not certain how the staff at the Holiday Inn could overlook the fact that a church group has used their meeting room every Saturday for this entire year, but they did. When I called moments ago to reserve the room I was told that all three of our chosen dates were booked, as is every Saturday for the rest of the year.

I am back to square one, looking for a venue. More to come when I have more to say.

-Shaylon

TheLe

First Post
shaylon said:
Well apparently when I reserved the three dates last week there was some confusion about what I wanted to do, by that I mean they didn't realize that I wanted to rent out the room. I am not certain how the staff at the Holiday Inn could overlook the fact that a church group has used their meeting room every Saturday for this entire year, but they did. When I called moments ago to reserve the room I was told that all three of our chosen dates were booked, as is every Saturday for the rest of the year.

I am back to square one, looking for a venue. More to come when I have more to say.

-Shaylon

Any chance of getting you all to come to Con on the Cob in Canton (south of Akron)?

I would be happy to bribe Enworlders with PDF gifts.

And a shiny nickel to each and every one of you.

~Le

derbacher

Explorer
thele said:
Any chance of getting you all to come to Con on the Cob in Canton (south of Akron)?

I would be happy to bribe Enworlders with PDF gifts.

And a shiny nickel to each and every one of you.

~Le
When and where. This is probably the closest event to me. I'm going to Butler, PA in two weeks for Sibcon, so this would be interesting as well.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
thele said:

Woah! When is this going down? I'm in Alliance.

Edit: I'm not too lazy to look it up myself; it's just that my connection is on the blink (as per usual) and I can't get any of the relevant links on google to load.

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
shaylon said:
Well apparently when I reserved the three dates last week there was some confusion about what I wanted to do, by that I mean they didn't realize that I wanted to rent out the room.

Bleh! How could they possibly forget that!? Any of those other hotels at the GC exit have a meeting room? Way off the wall thought, but I wonder if the Deer Creek Lodge has reasonable weekend rates? I imagine they do most of their meeting room business on the weekdays.

romp

First Post
IronWolf said:
Bleh! How could they possibly forget that!? Any of those other hotels at the GC exit have a meeting room? Way off the wall thought, but I wonder if the Deer Creek Lodge has reasonable weekend rates? I imagine they do most of their meeting room business on the weekdays.

The state lodges can be really expensive but it is worth a look, can't hurt to ask

BaldHero

First Post
the godfather? man i just said he was fun to game with, once.
And there are still gamers left in Alliance? I grew up there. I got my first ever box set from the Waldens in Carnation Mall in 1984. This Ohio gameday should be very interesting, whenever we get around to it.
L.

Remove ads