• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ohio Gameday IV on hold

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
BaldHero said:
the godfather? man i just said he was fun to game with, once.
And there are still gamers left in Alliance? I grew up there. I got my first ever box set from the Waldens in Carnation Mall in 1984. This Ohio gameday should be very interesting, whenever we get around to it.
L.

Yeah, there's at least one. Unfortunately the few others I know about I want nothing to do with. :\ I guess that's part of the reason I can't get a game together (my group has been split across the tri-state area).
The Waldens in the mall is where I've bought most of my books. I guess someone must be buying the rest.

thele said:
Con on the Cob info can be found here:
http://www.andyhopp.com/con_on_the_cob.htm

I saw that link on google but couldn't get it to load. My connection is a bit better now, I'll have to check it out.

shaylon

First Post
thele said:
Any chance of getting you all to come to Con on the Cob in Canton (south of Akron)?

I would be happy to bribe Enworlders with PDF gifts.

And a shiny nickel to each and every one of you.

~Le

I would love to go but my sister is getting married (out of town marriage) that weekend, so I already have plans.

Enk&D'Shai

First Post
Speaking of trying it in Dayton (and since we're getting a lot of interest in the idea of a game day period), what would you all say to us having a rotating gameday - one in Columbus, one up near Cleveland/Akron, and one near Dayton/Cincinnati? We could end up doing them once a quarter or so (taking the summer off because of Origins and GenCon), and passing the duties/proximity around.

The reason I ask is because I'm fairly sure that, while Columbus is close enough for basically everyone in Ohio, its not quite close enough for places like Richmond, Indy, Pittsburgh, Erie, Ft Wayne, Lousiville, etc and I'm fairly sure we could get some good response for gamedays from those spots if the place was right.

freebfrost

Explorer
shaylon said:
I am back to square one, looking for a venue. More to come when I have more to say.
Shaylon, what are you looking at in terms of price?

I know that the clubhouse for my condo is available for rent, but I wasn't sure what price range you were considering.

William Ronald

Explorer
Enk&D'Shai said:
Speaking of trying it in Dayton (and since we're getting a lot of interest in the idea of a game day period), what would you all say to us having a rotating gameday - one in Columbus, one up near Cleveland/Akron, and one near Dayton/Cincinnati? We could end up doing them once a quarter or so (taking the summer off because of Origins and GenCon), and passing the duties/proximity around.

The reason I ask is because I'm fairly sure that, while Columbus is close enough for basically everyone in Ohio, its not quite close enough for places like Richmond, Indy, Pittsburgh, Erie, Ft Wayne, Lousiville, etc and I'm fairly sure we could get some good response for gamedays from those spots if the place was right.

This may be a godo idea, as the Chicago EN World Gameday occurs three times a year. If there is interest for more Gamedays in a given city, you could see about splitting them up between the different cities.

Remove ads