OK, we have a problem [please read!]

Demmero

Explorer
Dagredhel said:
I hope all of the other slackers like me finally get around to doing the right thing, and I'm just sorry I didn't sooner, in less dire circumstances...

Heh. I really can't afford this, but....

I believe in good karma, and I'd hate to think what the last 2 1/2 years of my life would have been like without having EN World to check out every day (unemployed/back problems), so I'm now (finally!) a community supporter. If this $20 breaks the camel's back, then so be it. I love this place.

Thanks to Russ and all the other members who helped pay the way while I freeloaded.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I'll get a buddy of mine--who can figure out PayPal--to shoot you over some cash shortly Russ.

I wish you'd quit waiting this long before letting us know that help is needed though, there is no way on Earth you should be shouldering this burden (one that threatens to bankrupt you no less) alone.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
CSA = CSA + 1...I think. (I'll be sure when I see the payment's gone through)

THANK YOU to whoever it was that pointed out PayPal was not the only payment option! :)

Lanefan

Roland55 said:
Don't know if Gary drops by here or posts here, but I'm sure he'd approve! ;)
For the record, yeah, he's a poster here (over 4,000 posts even), under the screen name Col_Pladoh.

Over in the Archive part of the forum, they have 12 very long Q&A threads involving the esteemed Father of the Game

As for me, I'm re-upping my CS account, I'd let it lapse but this is the only website I'd actually pay for (yeah, this is my digital initiative).

MojoGM

First Post
Hey Morrus,

How about an update on how much cash we are raising thus far? It's a good morale boost to see how close/far we are from the goal.

And it tends to spurn more donations or purchases.

A lot of us would gladly buy stuff and donate to keep this place going, we just need a shout out now again to shake us from our self-involvement :)

Hanuman47

First Post
Just renewed and kicked in a little extra - this site is definitely worth it. Like many others, I would like to make the suggestion of sending out reminders to CS accounts that are expiring soon.

I've got a question. When I was a Community Supporter a couple years ago, it never showed up in my screen name title. Is there something else I need to do for that to happen? Don't want to sound like a jerk, but if I'm going to support the site, I wouldn't mind a little acknowledgement...

Thanks and keep up the great work.

The Hound

Explorer
Any chance of getting some sort of steady corporate sponsorship? $450 per month for your server bill in exchange for a permanent banner ad on the main page saying "sponsored by ______"? Must be a lot of second tier (meaning non-WOC) gaming companies who could afford that and could use the exposure.

PS: I'm going to finally break down and get a Paypal account, which I have to do for other reasons anyway, and will sign up as a supporter.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Yog-Sothoth.com has a monthly drive. They put how much they need and how much has been raised on the front page.

Also, maybe you should separate the ENWorld and CM financing? I mean, I might possibly chip in for ENworld, but I don't like CM, and would rather not support that.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hanuman47 said:
I've got a question. When I was a Community Supporter a couple years ago, it never showed up in my screen name title. Is there something else I need to do for that to happen? Don't want to sound like a jerk, but if I'm going to support the site, I wouldn't mind a little acknowledgement...
You can make your title anything you want when you're a CS! It's accessed through the user panel.

If anyone buys a CS membership and it doesn't kick in, please go to the Meta forum and post in the stickied thread. There's a bug where they occasionally need manual enabling; I'll check that thread daily to fix any problems.

Thanks!

Remove ads