OK, we have a problem [please read!]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Again, is there any option for those people who don't like doing internet business?

I'd gladly chip in $19.99 for a CSA (or renewal, I suppose) but I try to do as little internet purchasing as I possibly can. If I can send someone a money order or something like that - I'd be right on it. I've got a birthday coming, anyway.

If any of the admins have a solution to a non-electronic method of payment, E-mail (or PM) me!

Also, I don't have a paypal account and I don't really intend on getting one. I had a friend who got absolutely hosed by someone who hacked into paypal's records. Granted that was 6 years ago ... but I'm still wary.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Donation sent!

I honestly don't know what I'd do if EN World vanished. I visit this site more than anywhere else on the internet, and I can't conceive of this community not being around anymore.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
BlackMoria said:
Russ,

Rather than waiting until things get dire then coming onto the boards and making yourself feel like some panhandler soliciting money outside the mall (I know you hate asking everytime this happens), may I suggest that quarterly or semi-annual fund raising drives be done, regardless if the money is need or not at that moment. Make it the same time frame throughout the year, advertise it on the site and have the fund raising drive run for a week or two each time.

In that way, people can contribute regularly through a feeling of community and supporting their favorite fan-site rather than a act of charity to save their favorite site from possibly closing.

There is nothing wrong with asking people in a fund raising drive to support a site they use on a regular basis, given what the costs are to support a site like ENWorld.

A good idea, it works for NPR.

Merkuri

Explorer
I just went through and did a quick count of everyone who said they bought or renewed a CSA and counted 54 people. If each one of those sent in $20 that means so far $1,080 has been raised. That's not taking into account folks who have bought accounts for more than one year, people who just donated money, and people who have bought accounts and not mentioned it in the thread.

I think that's pretty good for a little more than a day's worth of fundraising. :)

Remove ads