Old ads from old Dragon mags

Tewligan

First Post
IanB said:
The real question is, are they as ugly as those horrible PBEM "cartoon" ads that run in the current magazines?

I have to admit, my sadness at the magazines going away is tempered by glee at the fact that I will hopefully never have to look at one of those ads again.
Ugh, I'm with you on that one. Are they supposed to be funny? So ironically NOT funny that they're funny? Hip? Or are they just intended to make my soul die a little bit every time I see them? If that last one is the goal, then bravo, PBEM company. Bravo.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Tewligan said:
Ugh, I'm with you on that one. Are they supposed to be funny? So ironically NOT funny that they're funny? Hip? Or are they just intended to make my soul die a little bit every time I see them? If that last one is the goal, then bravo, PBEM company. Bravo.

Here I was thinking I was the only one who felt that way...

rkwoodard

First Post
Learning to Fight

Hi,
I have neither my old copies nor the CD (does the Dragon CD have the old ads?)

Anyway, I seem to remember an ad that had the title "Christians Learn to Fight at the Gates of Hell"

If anyone could confirm that and give any details on what the ad was advertising or the company that put that out, I would be very grateful.

Thanks
RK

barrowwight

Explorer
IanB said:
The real question is, are they as ugly as those horrible PBEM "cartoon" ads that run in the current magazines?

I have to admit, my sadness at the magazines going away is tempered by glee at the fact that I will hopefully never have to look at one of those ads again.

somewhere there is a thread where the owner of the company posts about the ads. I cant remember if it was here or maybe rpgnet. might have even been lost in the crash.

the Jester

Legend
jdrakeh said:
I should note that, just in case you're worried about my bias, I'm not Christian.

That was a good, fair, impartial review (I just read it out of curiosity).

Well done. Though it doesn't sound like my cup of tea, it sounds like it does what it's designed to do.

Aeric

Explorer
Scribble said:
Wasn't there a 900 number craze back in the day though?

I can remember even Santa had one.

It was 976, but yeah, there was a craze for those. The Santa one was for kids to call Santa with their Christmas lists. I remember seeing ads for phone sex numbers on television, too. It was nuts.

They even made a horror movie based on it: 976-EVIL. It actually made it to the theaters, too.

Remove ads