• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old Master Bug List.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
This may or may not be just a temporary burp, but this evening (Feb. 5, late night Pacific Time) the forum software isn't updating very well as to what I have and have not read...for example, if I open a previously-unread thread and read all of it, "go to first unread" takes me right back to the first post in it.

Lanefan

freebfrost

Explorer
When I try to access my buddy list, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function can_administer() in /http/misc.php on line 37

sniffles

First Post
I know this one's been mentioned elsewhere in Meta, but I thought I'd throw it in here:

When attempting to edit a very long post, I get this message:
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
1. Please complete both the subject and message fields. Press the back button, correct the problem and try again.
2. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

I've been able to edit the same post in the past with no trouble. This error has only been occurring in the past few months.

Also, this may be a browser issue rather than a bug, but when I'm using FireFox as my browser and I add italics/bolding/underlining to a piece of text, after I highlight the text and click on the icon in the toolbar, the Submit Reply window always jumps me back up to the first line of text in my post. I always end up typing in the code for italics/bold myself because I'm tired of having to scroll back down to where I was typing. :confused:

Vayden

First Post
freebfrost said:
When I try to access my buddy list, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function can_administer() in /http/misc.php on line 37

I'm getting a similar error when I try to pull up my buddy list:

risner

First Post
Can't activate if mail server uses greylisting

If you have a mail server that supports grey listing (rejecting 1st appearance emails with 450 code which means temporary failure i.e. disk full), then you can't join enworld.

The site doesn't drop the message in a sendmail or postfix queue, it appears to use outbound mail MTA that doesn't save failed messages for later.

This means the message comes into the mail server and the server rejects it:
451 4.7.1 Please try again later. Session Greylisted

Since all messages starting with 4xx mean "hey I can't take this now, but I can later" all mail servers will retain the message for 4 days and keep trying every 15 minutes.

I spent a week looking for a way to resend the activation. I had given up, then I noticed a 6 point font in the middle saying I was a registered user and click her to resend the activation codes.

These codes need to be prominent and/or inside the control panel, since I never saw it until after this post and I looked for days inside the control panel (or on the page saying you need to register to see this or that.)

Last edited:

Remove ads