[Old School Mash-Up] The City of the Sleeping Demon

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Attila realizes that there might be a faster way down and out of the building than standing around waiting for Thuddar to drive the slow-moving blob down the stairs. A quick check of one of the lower floors reminds everyone of the nonfunctioning elevator. There are also those narrow bridges between buildings which appear to be formed of the same resinous material blocking the stairwell. The group is close to highest of those strange structures.

doghead

thotd
Attila stares at the bridge.

"Those daemon creatures use these,' she says to no on in particular. "And I am no bigger, surely no heavier."

"I will cross."

[sblock=OOC]Can Attila spin web stuff?[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
[sblock=OOC Answer to doghead's question]
I suppose. What did you have in mind?
[/sblock]

Attila heads across the strange bridge while the rest of her companions watch. The bridge's material sways a bit, and it is just slightly soft beneath Attila's feet. Cautiously but with relative ease, the mutant spider makes it across the bridge to the other building. As she goes across, she can hear the water lapping against structures and rubble as the currents move along. At the opposite end of the bridge from her companions, Attila peers into a dark corridor. Her eyes adjust to the gloom quickly, and then she realizes the odd protrusions growing from the corridor's walls are actually dozens of the bug creatures who attacked the previous night. The creatures do not move except for the expanding and contracting of their their thoraxes from breathing. Their multifaceted eyes stare sightlessly.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Between Attila and the creatures: about 20 feet. Between the rest of the group and Attila: about 50 feet. I suppose. How far can Thuddar run? :)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Thuddar is a bit stubby... :)

IC: The dwarf rushes forward, with his firearm out. He approaches Attila, but tries not to shout out a warning, just in case the creatures somehow do not notice his overly large companion. He thinks to himself, If they do notice us, maybe we can back ourselves up and over the causeway so they can't surround us./

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Thuddar rushes forward across the strange bridge to reach Attila's position. In those few moments, the creatures inside the building haven't moved. They're definitely alive. Their thoraxes expand and contract slowly as they breathe.

Remove ads