Old School Style Artist

Xyanthon

First Post
bigfoot said:
You are an amazing artist, the old stuff is almost only what I play.. How long have you been drawing for? I wish I could teach myself to draw that good.. :)

Thanks Bigfoot! I've been drawing since I was very young. As for teaching yourself to draw; you can! Like most other things, drawing ability gets better with practice. I'll admit that some have a natural head start or a natural aptitude that gives them an edge. However, anyone can improve their technical skill with practice and observation. I have been drawing for over 30 years now and learn new stuff all the time.

Xyanthon

First Post
Frukathka said:
Great new art! Love it lots! :cool:

Thanks Frukathka! Stuart Marshall is putting the finishing touches on OSRIC version 1.01 which should have quite a bit of my work in it. I'm working on my own project for OSRIC (an adventure series/campaign world) and contributing to a few others. My live journal has more info on my projects as well as design notes and art. I currently am in the middle of a move from Japan to Italy so I hope to be productive again by the begining of summer if not sooner. Since I made a point of taking my laptop, scanner, and art supplies along for the trip and I'm pretty obsessive, it'll most likely be quite a bit sooner.

Holy Bovine

First Post
I am really digging all of this 'old skool' artwork. Could you do some of them as just the monsters without the accompanying adventurers? Great work!

Xyanthon

First Post
I'm finally starting to get a little more settled here in Italy and getting a little more work done. Here' a cockatrice I just finished for the OSRIC project:

cockatrice.jpg

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Xyanthon said:
I'm finally starting to get a little more settled here in Italy and getting a little more work done. Here' a cockatrice I just finished for the OSRIC project:

<snip>
Looks very cool. Looks like a dragon-bird.

Very late 70s style, I like it a lot. :cool:

Remove ads