• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old School Style Artist

Xyanthon

First Post
Heya Gang. Just wanted to make a quick post and show off a sample of my work. I tend to do mostly B&W line art sort of in the vein of the great 1e artists. I do color as well and will be doing some accrylic paintings. I'm currently working on an OSRIC project that will feature some of my art. If anyone has any projects and would like an artist in the old school mode, I'd be interested in working with you. Attached is a sample of my work and I have a link to my gallery (which is admittedly small - I'm working on rectifying it) in my signature. Please stop by and let me know what you think or post comments here. Email me if you are interested in putting me to work!

Thanks,

John

Attachments

• dragon_encounter.jpg
    dragon_encounter.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 576

Xyanthon

First Post
Thanks Bastion! You can check out my gallery in my sig for more (I have a few more pics that I'll be adding to the gallery soon). Here's one I did for the cover of a now defunct (I think) ezine. This one is a little less on the old school feel than the first, but it gives some idea of my color work. This one is done in accrylics.

Attachments

• white_dragon_smaller.jpg
    white_dragon_smaller.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 345

frankthedm

First Post
The fist one is so busy i have to study it to tell this-from-that because it also lacks enough contrast. There is quality, but the pic is a bit too jumbled.

The white dragon oozes old school feel.

Xyanthon

First Post
Frankthedm,

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, the first one is pretty busy. I really just did that one as a doodle (meaning there was no overall direction when I was working on it). Because of that, it does suffer from a business that can be distracting, but it really felt like it was in the old school vein to me so overall, I'm happy with it. I'm trying to make my newer works less jumbled.

Xyanthon

First Post
Varianor,

Thanks for the comments! I do agree with Frank's comments. I'm going to leave that first dragon pic as is, but some of my more current work reflects my focus on contrasts to make it easier to pull out the images.

Here's one of the more recent ones to give you an idea:

Attachments

• damean_waveron.jpg
    damean_waveron.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

Xyanthon

First Post
Varianor,

Thanks! Hopefully the illustration board I ordered from the States will be here this weekend. I've got a few paintings I want to do. I also want to do some more action shots. I've got an OSRIC project that I'm working on which will have quite a few of my illustrations in it.

Remove ads