• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old School Style Artist

Xyanthon

First Post
Here's another one I did for the upcoming OSRIC Companion. It's my take on an owlbear. I've got several more coming up that I'm working on. Let me know what you think.
Owlbear2.png

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'm definitely groovin' off your artwork. The Owlbear's front limbs seem a bit too short because of the perspective (almost like T-Rex limbs!) but every other element of the composition really looks great. Kind of a mix of the styles of Dave Sutherland and Jeff Dee, to me.

Xyanthon

First Post
Thanksfor the compliments all! The owlbear was referenced from a picture of a brown bear and a barn owl. I've got some more work in the pipeline, but since I'm travelling right now, I probably won't get to upload any of my new stuff for another couple of weeks.

Xyanthon

First Post
Thanks Knightfall. I'm a big fan of Goodman games, Necromancer, and Troll Lords. I hope to get some work with them in the future. In the mean time, I've been busy doing some work for the OSRIC Companion and my own OSRIC project. Here's another one that I did for an Dragon's Foot module depicting a couple of druids facing of against some Formian Giants:

FormianGiants2.png

Xyanthon

First Post
Here's another sneek peek at some of my art for the upcoming OSRIC Companion. This is my take on a Hezrou. As always, comments are appreciated!

Hezrou2.png

CarlZog

Explorer
I'm just seeing this thread for the first time.

Xyanthon, your stuff rocks!

It absolutely does have a 1e feel to it, and I love it.

Call me old school, but too much of the artwork accompanying RPGs today is grossly over-stylized. Most of the character concept art in the 3.x books looks like it was done by a bunch of overwrought fashion school students.

Congrats!

Carl

Turanil

First Post
CarlZog said:
Xyanthon, your stuff rocks!

It absolutely does have a 1e feel to it, and I love it.
As he says. Very good work, congratulations. You really know how to convey "old school feel", I much prefer what you do, than most that has been published for 3e those years, despite the artists were "more professional" (their fantasy stuff was bland to me).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads